Does anyone know Beth Sockett

ukstudent

how can it be a plug for business when the shop is now closed?? no thay are GENUINE family. if i want to plug the business i will call the star

Nice one, duckegg.

Well Ally thought it was a good joke, even if you might need a grown up to explain it to you.

There was one family of Sheffield Socketts in 1901. The family lived at 271 Bright Street, Attercliffe part of Darnall in the parish of St. Bartholomews church, Carbrook. There were several sons all possible fathers of Beth. I'll check again to see what the occupation of the father was.

Henry Sockett, head of the house was an Iron Worker. They lived next door to Thomas Mitchell, a grocer on the one side and the other side was a Mr Randall, another iron worker. If this connects can give the rest of the family info. fyi

Hi There, I am a Sockett. I don't know of any Beth Sockett, but there are literally hundreds of us around the country. I have lived in Sheffield all my life. About thirty years ago there were only two or three Socketts in the Sheffield telephone directory, now there are twenty plus. The shop at Firvale ( E.Sockett) closed down a couple of years ago. I am related to the man who originally started that business many years ago. I wish you luck in trying to find the information you are searching for.