Any good ideas for New Year's Eve?

Senorita

:help:

I'm spending New Year's Eve this year in Sheffield for the first time and looking for some suggestions about what to do. Anyone got any good ideas?

I'm not really into big club nights. Think I'd prefer some cheesy music somewhere. Anyone been to Leadmill for it before?

Also - are there any street parties around? I haven't seen any advertised.

Thanks

What is going on - I too am looking to go out this year and struggling to find anhything. I want to get glammed up, drink nice drinks and dance the night away!

Nice Drinks and dance the night away ... that i'll be the Dam House.

£25 me thinks with a buffet and DJ until the early hours.

Nice location too.

After the millennium the city centre has been crushed when it comes to Christmas Eve /new years. With the buses going off at 6pm and taxis costing alot more. People stay away from the city centre. Don’t get me wrong you will find the hard core still coming in but if you class a Saturday night as busy, your prob looking about a third compared. Sadly our city having lots of circuits in the satellites areas ( Ecclesfield ,wood seats , mosbough, etc) means that people can have as good a time near their houses than having to pay to come in, pay to go in to bars, (another wonderful thing to kill trade) and pay to leave the centre (if you can get a cab). Please don’t think im painting a bleak picture of what happens but after 17 yrs in the centre I have experienced both sides of the coin .

After the millennium the city centre has been crushed when it comes to Christmas Eve /new years. With the buses going off at 6pm and taxis costing alot more. People stay away from the city centre. Don’t get me wrong you will find the hard core still coming in but if you class a Saturday night as busy, your prob looking about a third compared. Sadly our city having lots of circuits in the satellites areas ( Ecclesfield ,wood seats , mosbough, etc) means that people can have as good a time near their houses than having to pay to come in, pay to go in to bars, (another wonderful thing to kill trade) and pay to leave the centre (if you can get a cab). Please don’t think im painting a bleak picture of what happens but after 17 yrs in the centre I have experienced both sides of the coin .

Hmmm, might just stay local then... Cheers. Think I'll get my persuading hat on and get someone to have a house party!

I wonder if there is anywhere that 30/40 somethings can go and enjoy and party?

I rather think that places that advertise a DJ's name as a night out aren't really that good. I mean i've been to plug to watch bands and maybe i have the wrong opinion but who the hell is DJ Erol Alkan and why is he world class? Maybe i'm just getting too old :(

I want to know what kind of music is going to be played, i have little interest in the DJ's name. Means nowt to me! :confused:

The other thing that bugs me about New Years Eve is bars charging you to get in.

OK if its a club but a pub or bar :huh:

They can stick it where the sun don't shine.

The day i pay to get in a pub is the day hell freezes over.

They would have to prize the entrance fee out of my cold dead hands!

I know its a business but there are ways and means of getting extra cash out of patrons without being so blatant.

Baa humbug :rant:

Archived