Attempted murder approx 20 years ago

• 1 year later...

It was a nail bomb. The victem was Eileen Caunton. The hit man was hired by Terry Thornton and his new wife was to have been next but the hitman refused and all were arrested because Thornton had given all the datails of what was about to, and did, happen to his wife. She gave this information to the police, including the contact details for the hitter. The hitter received 3 x 12 years in prison to run together. Thornton lied his way out of a life sentance on appeal.

Edited by Zim1980

Yeh i remember it too as i lived near the said flat on Millhouses Lane at the time.

I seem to recall the bomb was in a shoebox and was made by some ex army guy from Nottingham i think and it involved another Woman called Patricia i think and a Camden precious metals dealer, cant be sure it was a lond time ago...

I also seem to remember that Terry T was quite a face on the night scene in the seventies era approx and lived in anice pad in Bakewell.

Heard he was now in Poole or somewhere like that.

The year may have been 1991 and Star archives may have material as i remember the front page splashes about the trial...bit of scandal afink

The Equires club. Yes. Very big in its day and the makings of many artist as well at top stars of the time. There's a thread on this forum about it. Equires, that is. I heard he was in pool now. He used to have a boat down there, in fact he was first questioned by the police while he was on it.