Who remembers the club groups

craig12

used to travel to various clubs following "Elliott" i think from Liverpool -who sung Stylistics,Commodores type stuff.Lead singer called Tony...? with incredible high -pitched voice . Also remember seeing Winston - who played brilliant ELO music. Both these groups would pack clubs out early 80"s. Wonder if they are still going ?would love to see them again!

Sad to hear about Steve I knew him in the early seventies playing with Love Train,always a popular guy.

That he was fuddyduddy, as mad as a box of frogs too! :hihi: :hihi:Seems like yesterday since he passed away, it was 9 years March 21st just gone.

He loved his music to the end.

I was friend of Steve "ringo" Salt. Knew him when he lived on Wheldrake Road in the Seventies. We used to drink together in Firth Park W.M.C.

My favourite band at that time was Octopus.

He liked his lager lol! He had a lot of friends, and there were a few of the bands on the circuit that he didnt like too much too!!

I remember seeing Peterson at the Loco Club at Pitsmoor!

I used to go and see Mens Club at the Sheffield Lane Top W.M.C everytime they were on, but last time I saw them, they werent as good as usual :(

:huh:god this will get your brains going/ who remembers the groups in clubs 1975-1980 ill start you off/ jade/ cfs with johnny kalendar/ bitter suite/ new jersey turnpike/ lee grant explosion/ dragonfly/ discoes/tina lane and the highway/ great gatsby/

Johnny Kalendar was with Mainstream. I remember Fashion Fever/ Mike Shane and the Chevrolets

remember New Jersey Turnpike - I was working in a music shop in teh early 70's and they came in for their equipment, so i got to know one or two in the band - Ross was the lead singer i think - their keyboard player was also a bit sharp as well.

saw them a few times down the Black Swan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
:huh:god this will get your brains going/ who remembers the groups in clubs 1975-1980 ill start you off/ jade/ cfs with johnny kalendar/ bitter suite/ new jersey turnpike/ lee grant explosion/ dragonfly/ discoes/tina lane and the highway/ great gatsby/

My husband was guitarist with Johnny Kalender in the 70s,those were the days Black Swan with the ripped stage cutain.He and Johnny were big mates as they both lived on Parkhill.

Archived