Who remembers the club groups

craig12

• 3 weeks later...
:huh:god this will get your brains going/ who remembers the groups in clubs 1975-1980 ill start you off/ jade/ cfs with johnny kalendar/ bitter suite/ new jersey turnpike/ lee grant explosion/ dragonfly/ discoes/tina lane and the highway/ great gatsby/

Does anyone remember "Brian Jones and Shimmer"? Top Barnsley based 6

piece band with a brass section, played all over Yorkshire for many years and had a great following and a lot of success in 1974/75.

I know this thread has been going for some time but how about some of these from an "OUR CLUBS" booklet dated 22nd September 1976 :- Gemini, Modesty Blaize, Mainstream (with Johnny Kalendar), Robert King all stars, Fresh Ground, Turnstyles, Unity Blend, Wolf J Flywheel, Staggerlees, Duvals, Dave Gibson Trio, Soft Persuasion.

Anyone have memories of any of the above?

I know this thread has been going for some time but how about some of these from an "OUR CLUBS" booklet dated 22nd September 1976 :- Gemini, Modesty Blaize, Mainstream (with Johnny Kalendar), Robert King all stars, Fresh Ground, Turnstyles, Unity Blend, Wolf J Flywheel, Staggerlees, Duvals, Dave Gibson Trio, Soft Persuasion.

Anyone have memories of any of the above?

The staggerlees is a band that I had completely forgotten until now.They can not have been that memorable!!

Archived