Ecclesall Road - Any good places to eat?

Peak MTBer

Can anyone recommend a good place to eat on Ecclesall Road. I have a friend that is visiting me soon and I fancy going down there for an evening. We are not fussed what we eat just as long as it's good value for money. Then do you have any recommendations where to go after the meal? Though from what I've seen already, anywhere will be good. Am I wrong?

There's also a very nice fish restaurant on nearby Sharrow Vale Road. Bit pricey, but good food. Can't remember the name though. Anyone know what it is called?

I think you mean the imaginatively named "The Mediterranean".

It is a cracking restaurant, and not just for fish. Last time I was there I had lamb with olives; the time before was roast poussin with dauphonoise potatoes. Good wine list too. I also agree with redrobbo that it's pricey.

The only place I've eaten at on Ecclesall Road is La Vina, which is tapas. It was delicious, reasonable prices and great atmosphere an service. Looking forward to going again! Each tapas dish is approx £3.50, and you'd probably have 2 or three, so very good value!

:)

Ecclesall Road does have some great places to eat - it really depends what food you're wanting though to which place is the best for it.

I personally love Champs, Uncle Sams and Yankees, but places like Nona's, La Vina etc are all also great.

The fish restaurant could be The Mediterranean on Sharrowvale Road, just off Hickmot Road. Or it could be Bluefin at Hunters Bar roundabout.

There is a little place up at bannercross, it could be La Luna which is good.

Not sure what is happening along at Taste

Archived