Do you need a passport to visit Southern Ireland (Eire)??

Average price of beer 3 euros if you drink where the locals drink,keep away from all the touristy bits like Temple bar, total rip off area.plenty pubs off oconnell st

Having drank in a variety of Dublin pubs the average price of a pint is €4.50 and upwards, the local brew (Guinness in most places is less than €4)

To the OP, I've always played it safe and used my passports only because ive seen several airlines turn passengers away with Drivers Licences.

Enjoy Ireland, I spent a year over there and its well worth the visit :D

e're thinking of getting a cheap flight to Dublin as it's a place we've always wanted to visit and just seen a flight from Manchester for only £20!! Just done a quick search on net but can't find anything conclusive but it does have it's government so do you need a passport?

Yes. you do. It's more for security than anything else (Eire being part of the EU).

Dublin is a great city to visit - if you like stout drink Beamish (it's the only stout only brewed in Ireland - Guinness and Murphy's are brewed in the UK as well as Eire.

Ireland is a wonderful country. I have relatives in Cork and I have visited many times - kissed the Blarney Stone often!!

The people are fantastic. My Dad and I were walking - staggering! - back from a pub one Sunday and asked a chap where to catch the next bus from. He invited us in to his house where we were served a Sunday dinner, plied with more stout and then driven back to our relatives. We had never met this chap and he refused to take any money for the food or drink.

I love the Irish - beautiful country, beautiful people, just beautiful

Given that millions of people have never set foot outside the country and never intend to .. .why would you think that?

Why, we're being overrun by illegal immigrants so it stands to reason that, at some point in the future, us white Anglo-Saxon's will feel like strangers in our own country and will feel compelled to leave.

(Irony - please, do not see this as a right-wing rant; it's just a feeble attempt at irony).

:D

So if you don't need a passport to travel there and back, what's to stop someone from a far flung Asian or African country for example, getting to Ireland and then simply getting on the ferry across to England? Is this a simple way for immigrants to come into the country?

Whilst you technically don't need a passport, you will need photo ID if you're getting on a plane. They won't even let you on a plane from Manchester to London without photo ID. Photo driving licence should be fine, but make sure you check with the airline when you book (should be clear from web site). Passports are the best bet.

Archived