Has anyone successfully sued the NHS?

I can't go into too much detail but my friend sued the childrens hospital after the death of her child and after a long time and hefty solicitor bills they have accepted liability and agreed to a hefty amount with all her sols bills paid for.

oh dear, thats terrible! did the case take a long time? no amount of money can help in that situation. my heart goes out to them.

i injured my knee, and through 5 yrs of scan, pain clinic and neuropathic drugs, i finally was discharged to find out the NHS had misdiagnosed my knee condition and i had to go private to London to have a major operation.

funny really, as if it hadn't been for my dad paying thousands for the op, i would not be here today, as i would have taken my life. that sounds so pathetic, but i couldn't walk, couldn't sleep and couldn't function in a normal life, i was in that much pain daily for 5 yrs (taking 28 concoctions of meds every day) i found comfort in the thought of death being a welcome end to it.

i knew that something wasn't right, but NHS said it was all in my mind. i was desparate!

now i can sue them as i have the much needed evidence.

a note for anyone planning to sue the NHS, is make sure you get all your notes from the hospital before you seek any solicitor to help you sue. make sure when you apply for them that you say you need them for DLA or you may find that they are being tampered with or even go missing.

What does a person gain by suing the NHS? Would an apology do?

After 5 years of unnecessary pain and suffering, I think I would want a bit more than a "sorry".

Although money won't be able to make up for the suffering, at least it will enable the OP to get some enjoyment now.

I am NOT in favour of all this sue 'em at the drop a hat brigade, but a serious misdiagnosis is a very different matter.

oh dear, thats terrible! did the case take a long time? no amount of money can help in that situation. my heart goes out to them.

i injured my knee, and through 5 yrs of scan, pain clinic and neuropathic drugs, i finally was discharged to find out the NHS had misdiagnosed my knee condition and i had to go private to London to have a major operation.

funny really, as if it hadn't been for my dad paying thousands for the op, i would not be here today, as i would have taken my life. that sounds so pathetic, but i couldn't walk, couldn't sleep and couldn't function in a normal life, i was in that much pain daily for 5 yrs (taking 28 concoctions of meds every day) i found comfort in the thought of death being a welcome end to it.

i knew that something wasn't right, but NHS said it was all in my mind. i was desparate!

now i can sue them as i have the much needed evidence.

a note for anyone planning to sue the NHS, is make sure you get all your notes from the hospital before you seek any solicitor to help you sue. make sure when you apply for them that you say you need them for DLA or you may find that they are being tampered with or even go missing.

Accidents happen, and in those that lead to serious consequences I could agree with some form of compensation being paid.

You have said your in the process of suing the NHS and are trying to gage your chances of sucess.

You have also said you injured yourself and was provided with 5 years of care (NHS therefore at cost to the taxpayer-not you), although was misdiagnosed. How can you sue for a misdiagnosis, medicine is an everchanging art, a misdiagnosis is not a reason to sue.

Shame on you!

If you want to do something positive, campaign for better access to medical information for all in the trade.

Archived