Has anyone successfully sued the NHS?

has anyone managed to sue the great NHS?

i am in the mists of doing this, and i am interested in who has been succesful.

anyone care to share?

I wanted to sue the Royal Hospital after everything that happened with my twin boys:( but it's a waste of time because the Law is a complete farce in this country and all they will do is try and sweep it under the carpet.

I have got to live with a Double life Sentence thanks to there Incompetence.:rant:

What does a person gain by suing the NHS? Would an apology do?

Are you for real:loopy: does that Apply to me then I have Lost my twins thanks to the incompetence of the NHS do you still think an Apology is all it takes for the price of my two little lads lives:rant:

Are you for real:loopy: does that Apply to me then I have Lost my twins thanks to the incompetence of the NHS do you still think an Apology is all it takes for the price of my two little lads lives:rant:

Thats very sad. What happened ?

I sue the NHS/private health care for a living and most of the client's I represent aren't ones who have had a toenail clipped too closely by a chiropodist, they are mainly people who have had their lives destroyed by the mistake of an NHS professional.

Due to their injuries they cannot work and therefore no income, usually some deformity or paralsysis and major pyschological problems.

Believe you me it is very difficult indeed to get a succesful claim against the NHS and it will take you years to get it, if at all. Even at the end of it, it is likely the NHS will not take any resposibility for their negligence and make an offer to settle without an admission of liability.

It's all swings and roundabouts anyway. If the client doesn't sue the NHS they are going to be claiming thousand/millions of pounds from the local authorities in care costs, accomodation, transport. So tax payers lose out no matter what and there is not much of a difference in the amounts.

Round the clock care, accomodation and not to mention the hours spent by relatives and friends looking after the poor soles can cost millions of pounds if the person is injured from birth.

I sue the NHS/private health care for a living and most of the client's I represent aren't ones who have had a toenail clipped too closely by a chiropodist, they are mainly people who have had their lives destroyed by the mistake of an NHS professional.

Due to their injuries they cannot work and therefore no income, usually some deformity or paralsysis and major pyschological problems.

Believe you me it is very difficult indeed to get a succesful claim against the NHS and it will take you years to get it, if at all. Even at the end of it, it is likely the NHS will not take any resposibility for their negligence and make an offer to settle without an admission of liability.

It's all swings and roundabouts anyway. If the client doesn't sue the NHS they are going to be claiming thousand/millions of pounds from the local authorities in care costs, accomodation, transport. So tax payers lose out no matter what and there is not much of a difference in the amounts.

Round the clock care, accomodation and not to mention the hours spent by relatives and friends looking after the poor soles can cost millions of pounds if the person is injured from birth.

well said. this is the absolute truth of the maztter

Guest Mod_Man

Would the money bring your kids back? Do you need any extra care after losing your twins?

Would the money bring your kids back? Do you need any extra care after losing your twins?

Now I am confused - I have just been reading a thread by this chap praising the Jessop and praising everything they did for his twins.

Yes, what a shame that doctors aren't perfect and faultless. I take it that you have never made a mistake? :rolleyes:

Have you actually contacted the GMC regarding the competancy of your doctor? Or did you just go straight to the solicitors?

to do that is rather like taking on the legal + medical profession at the same time ... only fools and horses comes to mimd

Archived