Darnall medical parade

craig12

:huh:does anyone remember the darnall medical ade parade where lorrys were dressed up/ ernest morley raised money for charity/oris was the local with no voice/brown baileys sports field was in high hazels park/and you took your empty bottles back for 5p to either bates wine shop / musgroves/ or the blue shop/

:huh:does anyone remember the darnall medical ade parade where lorrys were dressed up/ ernest morley raised money for charity/oris was the local with no voice/brown baileys sports field was in high hazels park/and you took your empty bottles back for 5p to either bates wine shop / musgroves/ or the blue shop/

yes i remember the parade and i have some photos of it knocking about someware

going up the main road and in high hazels park

sutch a long tiime ago you dont see parades very often now days

Yes. I was the Darnall Medical Queen years ago. Had a great year.

I'm the third generation of my family to have connections with the Medical Aid parade.My grandad ran the Medical Aid Jazz band before the war,my parents managed the Skiffle group in the late fifties,and my father and I ran the spare collecting tins van in the sixties.One of the highlights was 1966 when our guests were six of the Wednesday team who had played in the Cup Final the previous week.We looked after Don Megson's two sons in our van,so I can say I've looked after the current manager of Bolton Wanderers when he was 7!

I'm the third generation of my family to have connections with the Medical Aid parade.My grandad ran the Medical Aid Jazz band before the war,my parents managed the Skiffle group in the late fifties,and my father and I ran the spare collecting tins van in the sixties.One of the highlights was 1966 when our guests were six of the Wednesday team who had played in the Cup Final the previous week.We looked after Don Megson's two sons in our van,so I can say I've looked after the current manager of Bolton Wanderers when he was 7!

I was the Medical Aid Queen in 1966 and had the Sheffield Wednesday players on the lorry which was made up as a football pitch. It was fantastic.

Archived