Darnall medical parade

craig12

Here is unusual connection to the above subject, on an earlier thread (?) I had mentioned that I saw the 'Ink Spots' vocal group as a kid with my dad at the 'Little Regent' in Grimesthorpe around the mid 40's, it was a very small theatre close to the old 'Victory' picture palace on the opposite side of Upwell St actual name was 'Regent' the bulding may still be there, it got it's 'Little' name because of the large palatial theatre in Barkers Pool in Sheffield City Centre that was once named 'Regent' (might have had a couple of name changes over and the years but was destined to become the 'Gaumont'. Getting back to the 'connection', on checking the Inkspots website where enthusiats have recorded all manner of their lives, travels and performances around the USA and Europe, there is a mention of them doing a benefit of some decription for the Darnall Medical Aid Charity Show sometime around the time I have outlined. I have to assume it was this performance that I attended or close too it, either the show I saw was part of the actual benefit or an additional date thrown in, who knows? I wonder if there are any people out there who have access to old records (obviously, if still available) that might want to confirm this event.

• 1 year later...
Hi sheltipup - I am not on facebook so I cannot click on your link. Do you have additional info on the subject, that might give my posting some credibility?

i don't really understand what you want but i have photos going back to the 1940s of the queens and of the pantos

what do you require. my photos are on the Facebook page although i haven't finished uploading all of them yey

i don't really understand what you want but i have photos going back to the 1940s of the queens and of the pantos

what do you require. my photos are on the Facebook page although i haven't finished uploading all of them yey

Hi sheltiepup - We seem to be at cross purposes, I don't need anything from you, I wasn't even born in Darnall, my sole interest is in my posting, it just seemed coincidental that I had found such information on what seemed like an ordinary web site on people that are long gone but who seemed to have had this connection with the subject and who I happened to have seen all them many years ago, that's all.

Hi sheltiepup - We seem to be at cross purposes, I don't need anything from you, I wasn't even born in Darnall, my sole interest is in my posting, it just seemed coincidental that I had found such information on what seemed like an ordinary web site on people that are long gone but who seemed to have had this connection with the subject and who I happened to have seen all them many years ago, that's all.

29Sep/34 Depart for England on Ile De France – Tour with Jack Hylton’s Band. Other cities reported to be Manchester** (nothing in Guardian), Sheffield** (we have a note that they appeared at the Danell Dance Hall on Main Road, Sheffield where they volunteered to perform in a charity Variety Show for Darnell Medical Aid) and Liverpool** in England and Glasgow** and Edinburgh** in Scotland.

It seems that the appearance in aid of Darnall Medical Aid was on an earlier tour of the UK.

LINK.

Archived