Aagrah -Thoughts?

Guderian

Anyone visited Aagrah in Leopold Sq yet?

I went the other day -very lavish etc, but I found it a bit too clinical in its appearance. Lighting far too bright. Not very warm and hence not cosy at all. Everything is white -felt a bit clinical.

It seems to me that they were expecting to be busier, as a lot of the waiters were just standing around.

That said, the food was fine, although we had to send the drinks back as they tasted odd. Teething problems I suppose.

We went yesterday lunch (5th December) but the staff were locked out! Went for a pint in the Leopold Hotel and tried again but it appeared that they weren't open.

Went to the new italian instead (not Zizzis; we did that a month or two back) and was impressed. Meal for two with a drink each was only £16.50 including 10% service charge. This was an introductory offer but the food was good enough to warrant a return.

But we will get round to Aagrah at a later date.

Hey,

I may be a bit biased as my best friend from primary school (a long time ago)'s Dad owns the chain with his brothers but...

I am originally from Bradford where Head office is and I've been eating there for about 13 years. And I still go every single time I'm in Bradford. It's fantastic food, my friend's Dad who writes the Aagrah cookbooks has one lots and lots of awards and the waiters at least in Bradford are really lovely. There probably are a few teething problems but I'm sure they'll get themselves on track, I've never once in 13 years had a single problem with anything from there, food, drink, waiting times, messing up orders unlike the Mangla. I was just searching as I want to go there now they've finally opened in Sheffield and I can't find a phone number!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, i been to Aagrah Sheffeild couple ov time and my experience is rilli good .. Nice and Warm. Staff is polite and well traind. From Entering to Finish i enjoyed to my fill.

Food is out of this world and decore is second to none.

I recommend best so far by miles.

Hi, i been to Aagrah Sheffeild couple ov time and my experience is rilli good .. Nice and Warm. Staff is polite and well traind. From Entering to Finish i enjoyed to my fill.

Food is out of this world and decore is second to none.

I recommend best so far by miles.

That sounds un-biased! Anyway, has anyone else been, any thoughts, seems generally positive, what's its price point?

We went on Saturday night and i thought it was lovely. The food was very nice, the cocktails was even better :love: and the lighting etc, couldn't fault it. Loved the little candle on the table :hihi:

Although, i do agree with Guderian on the heat thing though, it wasn't all that warm.

I'd definitely give it another try and some point.

I finally got to try Aagrah the other side of Christmas.

I can understand what the OP means by its feeling clinical but the placed looked clean and comfortable.

I'd give the food 8 out of ten and will visit again to try something a little more daring.

Locationwise it's a winner; foodwise, I prefer Cafe Guru. Still, it's a welcome addition to this city.

Oh, and I thought the service was fine but a smile wouldn't have gone amiss.

Archived