Early evening meal in City Centre

Daven

Haven't eaten out in town for a long time and have found myself being responsible for booking a table for a meal round about 6pm on a Friday evening for 6 of us. Can anyone recommend a pleasant but not too expensive restaurant please ?

Zizzi's is extremely good, however it's a little pricy

I wouldn't rate Zizzis as "extremely good". The service has been a real let down, and the food was nothing special. If in Leopold Sq you would be better off going to Strada next door. A much better ambeince, far better service and the food has been very good.

There might be some restaurants that do early evening deals. I am not of where.

We went to west one for noodles, which was nice and not too expensive.

Sanctuary is good, but a little pricey.

Ivory is good too.

If you wanted pizza or pasta, strada is not too expensive and it is a nice location. Great if you can book a window seat.

Cafe Rouge next to the Town Hall is nice. I've been 3 times and have each time had both good food and good service and its location is very central.

Though at this time of the year service can vary in catering establishments as sadly, many places (IMHO) overstretch themselves with the bookings they take and then try and rush people.

Archived