York & Lancs Reunion

MARBELLA

A Reunion For Ex York & Lancs Is Planned For Sometime During 2008. 6 Of Us Met This Year In The Bakers Draft

And After Some Discussion We Thought That There May Be Others Out There Who Would Like To Join Us.

Depending On What Kind Of A Response We Get.wether We Go Ahead. If You Are Interest Please Respond On This Page

Did either of you guys serve between 1953 and 1955, or do you know anyone who did?
I wonder if any older members of the regiment would remember my uncle Bill Esberger who was RSM at Edmond Road barracks in the early post war years. I remember his calling the orders at events like the Armistice Day ceremonies

I'll never forget that voice, I feel sure it ricocheted off Wicker Arches.

My grandfather, George Saville Ward, was in the York and Lancs Regiment from 1900 to 1920. Whilst he obviously will not be able to make the reunion (!) I am sure he will be there in spirit. In the meantime if anyone can remember anything of him I would welcome hearing it.

Many thanks

I wonder if any older members of the regiment would remember my uncle Bill Esberger who was RSM at Edmond Road barracks in the early post war years. I remember his calling the orders at events like the Armistice Day ceremonies

I'll never forget that voice, I feel sure it ricocheted off Wicker Arches.

Could that be the Bill Esberger that worked at the E.S.C.melting shop on Brightside Lane in the 50s +60s?

Could that be the Bill Esberger that worked at the E.S.C.melting shop on Brightside Lane in the 50s +60s?
Almost certainly. thanks for the info. I lost contact with the family during the years I was in the Navy. His two daughters Dorothy and Gladys were first cousins of mine. His late wife was my father's sister from the very large Taylor family of Brightside.

Archived