Sheffield UNIQUE in having two full time rock pubs?

goldenfleece

I am suggesting that Sheffield is in fact, quite unique, (outside of London) in having TWO full-time rock bars/pubs, being The Nelson and the Dove and Rainbow.

Trying to think if Manchester has more than one but not sure, and I think I am correct in saying Nottingham has only one full time rock pub, Leeds, one I think, York (none last time I was there), Chesterfield, currently none, Leicester, none the last time I was there, Lincoln, did have one at one point but not sure now, and Birmingham, also not sure.

Anyone know?

Birmingham has more than two. The Academy, Hard Rock Cafe, Scruffy Murphys, The Sack of Potatoes and a couple of places in Digbeth that I cant remember the names of.

I was in the Sacks of Potoatoes the other day. I wouldn't have described it as a rock pub.

Nottingham has at least two. Speakeasy and Old Angel. Then there's the Pit and Pendulum which is a goth style bar with a rock jukebox.

And then there's the Rescue Rooms which has the gig side and plays some rock and alternative in the other.

And then there's another place called Junktion 7. That has loads of gigs on.

Leeds has a few as well.

I only wish Berlin was in England. It has about a million.

Archived