New Website at Testing Stage - Comments Welcome

KivWaHistory

I tried your website tonight and it downloaded immediately.

It's an excellent site and although the area is of no direct interest I congratulate you on your site and wish you every success with it.

Happy Days!

Hi all,

A community heritage project I've been working on for the last year or so has launched its testing website, after a great deal of hard work by local volunteers.

We're in the process of closely checking through it, it's still at the testing stage so we're trying to get rid of the (dozens!) of typos that are on there.

After very extensive discussions and consultation, for the sake of longevity we decided to go for a flash site but are supplying several hundred CD-Roms to people with low-speed internet access. Similarly, there are a few issues we're trying to resolve with older versions of certain browsers - please let us know if you have any hiccups.

Having said all that, any positive comments would be welcome too!

All the best,

John

nice site enjoyed the info,logged on straight away no hiccups..thanks

Loading delay depends on four things, the speed of your server, the speed of your connection, the number of people trying to access (above data transfer is shared between how many are trying to access at any one time, and the delay created in you site programing layers.

10 mins ago I tried from a T5 connection and it took 4 seconds to load, that's an eternity, translate that to dial up and it would be 38 mins.

Archived