Real wood v laminate flooring, advice needed.

• 10 months later...

WHY do they make real wood flooring look like laminate???

Ive been hunting around everywhere trying to find real oak flooring but all i can find is solid wood flooring that looks exactly like laminate. Isnt the whole point of getting wooden flooring so that it looks and feels like wood? O and they are all giving the impression of short and thin tiny planks of wood. I want larger and fatter style planks.

Basically im trying to find some solid wood flooring that you can feel the grain in and that isnt super high glossy/ polished, i want a more natural look. I cant find this anywhere.

Any suggestions??

Laminate warps and needs to be replaced if it gets wet and is not dried fast enough... while real wood does get dented and scratched easier, its much harder wearing and longer lasting over all... but you do need to strip and wax every 6 months to a year, which means emptying the room and either doing it yourself, or hiring out someone else to do it..

both are cold on your bear feet and that is why I don't like ANY form of wood floor, carpet all the way.

Archived