Morrissey/Smith night in Sheffield - we need one!!!

topshop_las

you know you cant resist morrissey - the greatest artist manchester has ever produced! i know the person reading this is a covert/overt morrissey fan . I genuinely think we should have on e and if anyones going to roundhouse in london to see him in jan give us a shout

are u there on sunday the 27th - the closing night . im going to the quarry night afterwards . forgot whgere it is - i hope i can find my way round london alright. yes im off to doncaster too. i want some advice on when to start queueing

we're off to the dome too and can hardly wait. Not seen him since city hall last year. Dome is a great venue too.Saw him there in ?1990 on the kill Uncle tour and got crushed under a pile of sweaty rockabilly types

There's something quite amazing about moz, he's such an icon and even a neutral at a gig should have to admit his amazing stage presence

There used to be a smiths/morrissey/marr night at the leadmill years ago

xXangenlinaXx

iv got to admit i really think sheffield should have one - manchesters got several , londons just got too many . I'd bloody love it . i might put a request into leadmill staff tomorra when i go . im still unsure on what time i should turn up to queue for finale night but getting to the front is guna be a nioghtmare since the 6 day passers have priority .

How you getting to the gigs? I was thinking train but it means staying over and it ins't cheap so I was thinking i might take the car if i find a few people who want to join me.

I'm going to Monday/Sunday in London, Doncaster and Edinburgh and probably Sunderland if I can get a ticket nearer the time.

you know you cant resist morrissey - the greatest artist manchester has ever produced! i know the person reading this is a covert/overt morrissey fan . I genuinely think we should have on e and if anyones going to roundhouse in london to see him in jan give us a shout

Morrissey - what a racist right wing tosser.

Never was good back then, and if you were back then, the only bands out of Manchester that got some respect were The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and 808 State.... unless you had a grant, lived in a bed sit with "meat is murder" posters on your wall and claimed you where a student.

Can not belive this guy has snowballed in to the god like status he has now.

p.s. - it was Jonny Marr who made the Smiths.

Morrissey - what a racist right wing tosser.

Never was good back then, and if you were back then, the only bands out of Manchester that got some respect were The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and 808 State.... unless you had a grant, lived in a bed sit with "meat is murder" posters on your wall and claimed you where a student.

Can not belive this guy has snowballed in to the god like status he has now.

p.s. - it was Jonny Marr who made the Smiths.

Are you serious?

I am of a right wing leaning and yet loved the Smiths and still admire Morrissey. IMO, all the guy's done recently is talk about something which is probably bothering the silent majority regarding the changing fabric of this country (and the speed with which it is changing). The word 'racist' gets bandied around like some 'look-at-me' referee brandishing a red card. It is used to stifle debate about a very important issue.

If being concerned about the rate at which this country is changing, the 350+ different languages spoken in London's primary schools and (IIRC) one in five London schools where English is no longer the first language makes me a racist (and makes the loopy lefties happy to have waved their 'red card' at me) then so be it.

As for the Marr comment making the Smiths, I suppose he (Marr) also made Electronica. So by the same token, remove Bernard Sumner from Electronica and what have you got? Morrissey was the McCartney to Marr's Lennon. Admittedly a wicked guitarist, the shimmering arpegios of Marr's playing was the perfect backdrop to Morrissey's grey-skies-and-concrete lyrics.

The Smiths were THE group of the eighties. The Stone Roses were embarrassing imitations by comparison. The difference being that Morrissey moved on when the time was up; The Stone Roses went on like the Rolling Stones treading the same tired path with their mediocre fayre.

Archived