The Ruby Lounge - Formely Dikkens

Andy C

Originally posted by RPG

What sort of alcohol is served on draught in the ruby lounge and crystal bar?

Fosters, K1664, K1664 Blanc, San Miguel, John Smiths, Guinness (sp?!) and Strongbow. ;)

That's for Crystal anyway, haven't tried Ruby Lounge out yet!

• 2 weeks later...

We went in the Ruby lounge on Tues night just to see what had happened to the old Dickens place.

I was really impressed no shoes sticking to the carpet or really loud music and you could actually see, there were also some nice people in.

There were three guys who were doing an accoustic set they were really good, just a shame that the pub was'nt that busy to appreciate them

Had a really good, night makes a nice change when your thirty something to find a nice bar in sheffield, I also liked it in the crystal bar

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Ruby Lounge last week and I was shocked to find how desolate and unfriendly the bar staff were. It was a Thursday night and there must have only been about five people in there. When I asked for a drinks menu I just got a shrug and a lame response of, " We don't have any". Then the bar staff were showing off their cocktail mixing skills - but to no one!!!!

Sharkeys on the other hand is the complete opposite of Ruby. The bar staff are all friendly and if you tip the staff just ten pence then they will remember you for the rest of the night and guarantee you quick service!!! Ruby Lounge is an over-hyped and over priced place!!! £3 for a corona? please!!!!

Archived