Sheffield landlords and landladies past

crookesey

[quote=CHAIRBOY;2919399 I can't remember the landlord of The Masons at Crookes, before Maltese George, but I know he collected Wisdens!

Postscript - Club rather than pub but Joe Brown, mid 70's onwards, steward of Abbeydale Sports Club, cannot be omitted from my FORMER drinking culture!

Pat and Janet had the Masons in Crookes before Maltese George,but I can't remember their surname.:(

Hi okismoki just found this thread thanks for the recognition chris and I loved the cross we had some good times but we could.nt have done it without the barstaff they were the best there were some real characters went in they made the cross I still see some of the lads in the devonshire they dont alter happy memories
i suppose you did have good barstaff,but you and chris were the heartbeat of the place,in my opinion,the best part of the cross died when you and chris left

thanks for that okismoki it would have made chrises day to hear that the day we left we could.nt get him out it was 4 oclock in the afternoon when keith finely got him out we realy missed it wish i knew who you are

i sent you a private message and signed it,obviously,im not going to put my name up on here,but if i tell you my father was ray,who used to have a white beard,will that give you a clue??

HIllI i okismoki thanks for pm I was speaking to our chris yesterday he got you spot on i hadn't noticed the pm till this morning Im new to this I 'LL get used to it yes you were all great kids you all showed respect Im pleased to hear MN is okay Id love to buy you both apint MN would say thats afirst but he would be lying take care bye

Goldenfleece I think you are in the wrong era mate the licence trade is very insecure indeed these days look around at once prosperous pubs now closed, and bankcruptcies?well that another horror story.Take it from one who knows

yeah I know. Thats why I have mutiple other business interests. pubs were just a hobby really as never done it before....kinda fun

Edited by goldenfleece