Sheffield landlords and landladies past

crookesey

tommy green the horseshoe bellhouse road

mick and sue pinder the huntsman barnsley road...both noe demolished

yeah, mick and sue pinder, sadly mick passed away a couple of years back but will be seeing sue on saturday night!

what about dick and judith hague at the Ball in ecclesfield, i spent the first 6 years of my working life there, full time behind the bar, everyone used to call me 'Lofty', been left nearly 20 years and still get called it know, lol.

also, what about Eddie down at the Griffin in the square.

yeah, mick and sue pinder, sadly mick passed away a couple of years back but will be seeing sue on saturday night!

what about dick and judith hague at the Ball in ecclesfield, i spent the first 6 years of my working life there, full time behind the bar, everyone used to call me 'Lofty', been left nearly 20 years and still get called it know, lol.

nah then lofty howzit goin, are you still up at the hallamshire? eddies doing well he's still got a couple of boozers on the go & owns 50% of a window company plus whatever else he's got goin

I think I was on a YTS with Bass North with you around 1985, we took over the Ball Inn for a week back in the days when pubs had customers in them .

I think I was on a YTS with Bass North with you around 1985, we took over the Ball Inn for a week back in the days when pubs had customers in them .
have you been in the ball lately? its a proper dive, the locals are out by 8pm & its been nicknamed the shiregreen hotel for obvious reasons:gag:stay well clear

Anyone remember Lucy Harrision who had the Waggon at Millhouses? My father was a (very) regular customer there in the 50's- 7o's(?) Some old customers I remember were, Barry Gillot, Jack Bateman, Charlie Gent, Eric Preeter all now sadly passed, including my father.

John Stacey at the Cherrytree Carteknowle Road, old customers there I remember there, Harry Marshall, Phil Parsons, Herbert Dobson, Bob Ackroyd, Harry Powell, Roy Brookes, Tom Grainger, Len Hearnshaw, most of them now sadly departed. It has been a very interesting journey down memory lane, seeing the names of some of the character landlords/ladies

Anyone remember Lucy Harrision who had the Waggon at Millhouses? My father was a (very) regular customer there in the 50's- 7o's(?) Some old customers I remember were, Barry Gillot, Jack Bateman, Charlie Gent, Eric Preeter all now sadly passed, including my father.

John Stacey at the Cherrytree Carteknowle Road, old customers there I remember there, Harry Marshall, Phil Parsons, Herbert Dobson, Bob Ackroyd, Harry Powell, Roy Brookes, Tom Grainger, Len Hearnshaw, most of them now sadly departed. It has been a very interesting journey down memory lane, seeing the names of some of the character landlords/ladies

The Cherrytree was Michael Caine's local when he lived in Sheffield. Not a lot of people know that. ;)

nah then lofty howzit goin, are you still up at the hallamshire? eddies doing well he's still got a couple of boozers on the go & owns 50% of a window company plus whatever else he's got goin

goin great thanks, still at hallamshire, yeah. one last thing, whats ur proper name, don't remember an Mh01 when i was there, lol