Sheffield landlords and landladies past

crookesey

the 1 near/opposite banners is the dog & partridge i think,or is it the frog & parrot?:huh: since i posted that they were from the blacksmiths iv bumped into 1 or 2 of there regulars & they all said the blacksmiths aswel. so wether they had a pub on attercliffe or not im not sure but will definately find out

Right first time, I remember being in the inside lane when the lights were at red. There was a sign outside the pub advertising a female mud wresting event. A guy pulled up at the side of me just as the lights started to change and was staring at the sign. I kept an eye on him in my rear view mirror, and was along side Solpro when he finally realised that the lights had changed. :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
what about Mr Ted Nutthall of the Forty foot on Donavan road /parson cross.he was tennant of this pub from "61 to maybe late 70s.

still with us i believe ,beer was 1 and 10 a pint in "65 when I started drinking in there at 17

also no mention of Terry Steeples from the Mucky Duck.

Ted and Connie,

Connie died some years ago but believe Ted is still with us probably playing golf somewhere.WHAT A GENT.

• 3 weeks later...
does anybody remember roy and paula they had the hole in the wall just pasted the wicker then they moved to the silver fox at stocksbridge

Paula & Roy were a great couple.

I played the organ for them in the "Hole In The Wall" until they moved to the Silver Fox. They later moved to Blackpool but I don't know where they are now.

What a shame that such good landlords / landladies are a dying breed now but there will soon be no traditional pubs left at all.

Paula & Roy were a great couple.

I played the organ for them in the "Hole In The Wall" until they moved to the Silver Fox. They later moved to Blackpool but I don't know where they are now.

What a shame that such good landlords / landladies are a dying breed now but there will soon be no traditional pubs left at all.

What year/s did they run it?

What year/s did they run it?

I don't know how long they ran it before I started playing there but I think I started there in late 1977 (just after the Silver Jubilee).

I would guess that they moved to the Silver Fox around 1979.

I don't know how long they ran it before I started playing there but I think I started there in late 1977 (just after the Silver Jubilee).

I would guess that they moved to the Silver Fox around 1979.

I might be thinking of the couple who took it after them??? Just can't remember their names :mad: The Landlord used to be a Metalurgist

I think the couple I remember moved to Huddersfield after the Hole in the Wall, a pub called the Golden Fleece ??? possibly