Botox, have you? would you?

I think a facelift will correct, to a certain extent, sagging facial tissue by literally pulling it back up to somewhere nearer its original position and removing the excess droopy skin before stitching the whole lot back up again.

Botox will only give the effect of smoothing out wrinkles, as it paralyses those muscles whose movements contribute to the creasing of the skin covering them. It doesn't do anything for skin that's sagged.

Ahh..so the facelift would be a better all round option for her Xmas present. If anyone has had a facelift any advice is welcome:)

Following a recent divorce, as a present to herself, a friend has just had both a facelift and Liposuction.

She'd had botox in the past and although it's a reasonably successful treatment, it does need regular top-ups - whereas a facelift lasts substantially longer.

Her face looks a little odd at the moment - which is to be expected until the swelling goes down. She's dropped two dress sizes in a week as a result of the Lipo and now also has a flatter stomach.

Her confidence was good before - but it's huge now. She says she really does feel like a different person. She certainly acts like a different woman.

Cosmetic surgery isn't always about how you look - it's about how it makes you feel.

• 4 months later...

I have had botox and dermal fillers, botox is for lines around the eyes and forhead and dermal fillers are for the lines around the mouth and the areas between the cheeks and the nose (saggy jowels) The fillers last up to a year and the botox about three months. These treatments are substantially cheaper and a lot less traumatic than a face lift. The last time i had it done i had loads of comments about how well i was looking, no one knew why! I think people keep it quiet when it looks natural and we only hear about the treatments that go wrong.

I have and i will again, done properly you still have expression but a lot less wrinkles. Saying that i think dermal fillers are even better, you lose the wrinkles and it makes no difference to how your face moves and the product in them is produced in the skin anyway

Would never have it done.

I'm a bit fussy about what goes into my body.

I predict a spate of botox related health scares in the not so distant future.

I'm just glad aging doesn't concern me to that extent.

Would never have it done.

I'm a bit fussy about what goes into my body.

I predict a spate of botox related health scares in the not so distant future.

I'm just glad aging doesn't concern me to that extent.

No, I wouldnt have Botox. Who wants to look permanently surprised.? You are right about the health scares. Tests on animals have shown that small amounts of Botox may get through to the brain, causing damage. Vanity always comes at a price !:roll:

No, I wouldnt have Botox. Who wants to look permanently surprised.? You are right about the health scares. Tests on animals have shown that small amounts of Botox may get through to the brain, causing damage. Vanity always comes at a price !:roll:

This is from the BBC website;

Botulinum toxin is an incredibly potent neurotoxin. Popularly sold under the brand name Botox, it is also the most popular medical cosmetic treatment in the UK, while in the US sales of the treatment exceeded $300 million in 2001.1

Despite its popularity, most people are only aware of the cosmetic applications of Botox: removing crows' feet2 and frownlines from properly aged faces. More often used as a punchline than referred to as medical treatment, Botox has a strange place in the public eye. However, even more interesting are the remarkable medical uses for this deadly neurotoxin.

Who wants to look permanently surprised.?

You don't though, you don't have any expressions at all from the nose up, so "surprised" isn't even possible.