Botox, have you? would you?

I find it very interesting that most of the complications of botox injections going wrong aren't due entirely to an adverse reaction to the botox itself, but to a maladministration of the injections so that the toxin comes into contact with the facial nerves and deeper structures when it is intended to only come into contact with the surface musculature.

The toxin itself is surprisingly safe when used correctly and in accordance with the research and its licence, and it's been shown to be an enormously helpful agent in a number of medical fields.

The problem is that people who aren't fully trained doctors (or aren't very competent doctors) are licensed to administer the injections for cosmetic purposes. It would be a completely different thing, considering whether to undergo treatment with botulinum toxin for a medical reason compared with having injections to halt the passage of time.

• 3 weeks later...
I find it very interesting that most of the complications of botox injections going wrong aren't due entirely to an adverse reaction to the botox itself, but to a maladministration of the injections so that the toxin comes into contact with the facial nerves and deeper structures when it is intended to only come into contact with the surface musculature.

The toxin itself is surprisingly safe when used correctly and in accordance with the research and its licence, and it's been shown to be an enormously helpful agent in a number of medical fields.

The problem is that people who aren't fully trained doctors (or aren't very competent doctors) are licensed to administer the injections for cosmetic purposes. It would be a completely different thing, considering whether to undergo treatment with botulinum toxin for a medical reason compared with having injections to halt the passage of time.

And that list is just sums up most the reasons I'd never consider having botox just for "vanity reasons".

as I said in my earlier post, it can work wonders for children with cerebral palsy etc, to help thier mobility, but those circumstances, I don't see as vanity, I see that as a medical need.

now, where's my purple hat?

It would cost you a fortune!

Very expensive.

Glad I don't need it! :thumbsup:

sorry to disillusion you, Dave,

I'm not *that* wrinkled, yet! :wow:

I might be a granny, but I'm not halfway through my forties, yet!

*puts on new purple hat that doesn't match...*

I thought about having it done a while ago, the car crash left me with a few deep lines above my nose. I decided against it in the end, those lines are the story of my life(and near death) :)

I can agree with the use of Botox in medical practices, but not for vanity.I feel the same about all plastic surgery and stuff, except for teeth whitening and correction .

I think there's something a bit sinister and not very nice about wanting to remain forever young.It's not the way of things, it leads to disappointment with life, a loathing of yourself, and a lie from the mirror.I prefer me toxins in a wine bottle, thanks all the same!!!!!:hihi: