Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

smithy2

Wow Pegaso - who remembers nibbets! Do they still make them.

I lived in the yard straight across from the Britnall Street entrace of the Cutlers and the walls there were a favourite play area. the yard had the fish and chip shop as the first builing in it - then a Pakistani family - then Mrs. Gordon's then US! then another house and finally the Parkers.

I can not remember any Wilson-learys but which kids really paid attention to surnames then.

Are you still in Sheffield? Was over there 18 months ago and drove back from Hull and came off the motorway at Meadowhall as I was low on fuel - only to find I had to drive to Prince of Wales Road on empty - but hey made it. So driving along Attercliffe and Darnell was a real experience - still full of people and I am sure the distances had condensed! :-))

tangerine did u know the Carr family (painters and decorators) who lived i think on titterton st also my aunty gladys came from there but I can't remember her maiden name she married my uncle george wilson-leary

Are they Cyril and Ron Carr, used to drink in the Cutlers with my father-in law, Charlie Wilson off Beall St and his mate "Big Harold Hobson off Britnall St.

• 4 months later...
do u remember geoeffery and elsie cutts they lived at 6 whitworth lane they ad 2 daughters while living there jeanette and susan and boys caled steven,andrew and jon

Yes, they lived across the road from me - I lived at No. 9 Whitworth Lane. Geoff's Mum & Dad and Kathleen lived further down our street on the opp side to Geoff.

Anyone remember Doreen Shaw? she had a hairdressers 142 (?) Attercliffe Common, her husband was called Bill, he was a builder. Daughter Michelle son Derrol(?) She also had a shop on the Pavement Park Hill. Always remember they had a Ford consul, white, convertable with red interior. This is about 50 years ago. A wealth of information I am!! Most of it useless!!!

Yes. When I was little, my mum used to book me in at Doreens, for a perm on my way home from Carbrook School. I was too young to object at the time at having to have this horrible process done. Mum and me never went anywhere else to have our hair done, even though there were places nearer. No-one could do it as good Mum would say. I can still picture the tiny shop and her even now and I'm now 60!!! I was too young to know, though, about her family or other businesses. I lived on Whitworth Lane (opposite the police station).

yep remember shaws hairdressers, my granma lifed on berkley rd and we lifed on fell rd so was always walking past.and in same class as michelle at carbrook. robert shaw lives next door to us now, is doreens and bills nephew.small world.

• 4 months later...