Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

smithy2

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a map of Attercliffe during the 60s please? bit of a disagreement with family as to where streets were :help::help:

I got an Ordnance survey map ofAttercliffe from Western park museam a couple of years ago

• 2 months later...
do u remember geoeffery and elsie cutts they lived at 6 whitworth lane they ad 2 daughters while living there jeanette and susan and boys caled steven,andrew and jon

Hi

Only just found this post so apologies. My Grandparents, Frank & Alice Harris lived at 3/3 Whitworth Lane oppposite the "Cop Shop". My Mum and dad Malcolm and Margaret Harris lived with them after they were married and I was born there in 1962. We moved up to Bowden Wood in 1963

Hi

Only just found this post so apologies. My Grandparents, Frank & Alice Harris lived at 3/3 Whitworth Lane oppposite the "Cop Shop". My Mum and dad Malcolm and Margaret Harris lived with them after they were married and I was born there in 1962. We moved up to Bowden Wood in 1963

Hiya. I don't remember your grandparents but both my brothers and me remember your parents very well and your dad's sister too who, we think, lived on Swan Street. I would have been 10 when you moved from Whitworth Lane but my oldest brother Keith is around your dad's age - 73. Brilliant days in Attercliffe.

Hiya. I don't remember your grandparents but both my brothers and me remember your parents very well and your dad's sister too who, we think, lived on Swan Street. I would have been 10 when you moved from Whitworth Lane but my oldest brother Keith is around your dad's age - 73. Brilliant days in Attercliffe.

Hi Jacqui

yes my Aunt Doreen lived on Swan street. Both her and my dad are still alive, my mum died in Jan 2010. I mentioned your family to my dad and he remembers you all. He doesn't do internet tho :) but he's like most people from the 'cliffe, says he loved it and misses it and wishes it could be like it was.

Hi Jacqui

yes my Aunt Doreen lived on Swan street. Both her and my dad are still alive, my mum died in Jan 2010. I mentioned your family to my dad and he remembers you all. He doesn't do internet tho :) but he's like most people from the 'cliffe, says he loved it and misses it and wishes it could be like it was.

I haven't spoken to anyone yet who doesn't miss the old Attercliffe. Trying to get the kids to understand how we lived in such cramped conditions yet, because we knew no better, loved it all, is another story!! I speak to a few of my old friends and neighbours from Whitworth Lane and Swan Street on Facebook and we have some right old natters about life down there. We didn't actually leave there until 1971 and were possibly the last ones to go on Whitworth Lane. Just going back to the Internet - I have both brothers on my back to do this on the net or that but do they let me show them how to do it? ..... Forget it-they're both a nightmare. Keith seems to think that if you talk to a laptop, it will do the job for you ...... amazing but funny.

I haven't spoken to anyone yet who doesn't miss the old Attercliffe. Trying to get the kids to understand how we lived in such cramped conditions yet, because we knew no better, loved it all, is another story!! I speak to a few of my old friends and neighbours from Whitworth Lane and Swan Street on Facebook and we have some right old natters about life down there. We didn't actually leave there until 1971 and were possibly the last ones to go on Whitworth Lane. Just going back to the Internet - I have both brothers on my back to do this on the net or that but do they let me show them how to do it? ..... Forget it-they're both a nightmare. Keith seems to think that if you talk to a laptop, it will do the job for you ...... amazing but funny.

hi jacquic i lived on rotherham st next to leigh st i left attecliffe may 1972 remember going to pav saturday matanees went to carbrook county school great times

hi jacquic i lived on rotherham st next to leigh st i left attecliffe may 1972 remember going to pav saturday matanees went to carbrook county school great times

Yay - Saturdays at the Pav. Sometimes we were lucky enough to sneak in through the back doors on Swan Street!! I too went to Carbrook County then onto the dreaded Coleridge Road. I used to know someone from Rotherham Street - Marilyn Christ. She went to Carbrook too.

Yay - Saturdays at the Pav. Sometimes we were lucky enough to sneak in through the back doors on Swan Street!! I too went to Carbrook County then onto the dreaded Coleridge Road. I used to know someone from Rotherham Street - Marilyn Christ. She went to Carbrook too.

marilyn lived opposite me on rotherham st she was a couple of years older than me her mother was called shelia they came to live just round corner from me at ecclesfield i knew marilyns relation ron christ he was a big friend of my cousin john sears he came off fell rd