Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

smithy2

Anyone remember the Turtons? Marian,Stuart and their sons Stuart,David,Rodney?

my cousins Stan and Michael Berry also lived down the cliff on Zion lane i think.

hi arrodbo I remember Rodney turton lived opposite me on Rotherham street he had a wife and a son as I remember I was still at school then always remembered he had a skip lorry parked it outside his house I left attercliffe 1972 I was nearly 16 and had just got a job moved to ecclesfield

I knew 2 girls who lived at Attercliffe. They both worked for Monogram Cutlery on Liverpool Street. Elaine Stevens lived on Newhall Road - Attercliffe end, Patricia Ann Mathews lived down a street opposite Banners, just past the traffic lights when going from Sheffield towards Rotherham. They will be aged about 68/69 now, I knew them both during 1963 to 1968 when they were aged 18/20 approximately

Best Wishes from hot and sunny Malaysia 9-27am on it is 89 degrees and climbing - Grey Eminence - Ex Swallownest

• 2 months later...

reading all these emails brings back memories. Baltic Rd, Elaine Stevens(the one I knew was at the Brightside end of Newhall Rd), Banners, Brinsworth St (lived at 28), Zion Lane (Terry Morgan lived there), Skating rink by the Adelphi etc etc

I live in the USA now but visit UK once a year. Is anyone planning a reunion in 2015 for all the ex 'cliffe dwellers ?

regards,

to all,

Glenn Pickard

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a Stuart who lived at Broad Oaks. I lived on Westbury Street from 46 to 64 and went to Woodbourne Road then Beaver Hill. I remember Sylvia Fletcher, Janet Haskins, Rene Denial (desceased), Robert (Bob) Smith, Jimmy Harley, further down the Cliffe Ann and John Carnelly.

• 3 months later...

Hi I lived on Alfred Rd Attercliffe 1958/63 then moved to Shire green. Used to love living there even though I was only young people always so friendly. We lived opposite the brick makers arms pub. I think there was a coal yard there to. Happy days:).