Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

smithy2

• 1 month later...

Born and Bred in Attercliffe - lived on Worksop Road in the yard where the fish and chip shop was on the corner, opposite Cutler's Arms. Went to Huntsmans Gardens - as my mother did before me - she lived there until the council condemed the houses and she was always bitter about that and was livid when they rebuilt there. She died less then two years ago. My two brothers also went to that school and both later to Hatfield House Lane - yes there was a 'them and us' situation between Hatfield House Lane and Hartley Brook and of course the two sides met on the bus journey to and from school!

Used to go to the Weslyn Methodist chapel until I was about 13 then they closed down - interesting old building and I know there used to be a dance school that either was using some of premises or was attached via backyard area.

Gosh it all come flooding back - best shut up before I bore everyone silly :-))

Anyone remember Mick Redfearn, or Jimmy Slack, the Wildgooses who had a beer off at the back of Banners?

Mick passed last year. He had lived in Canada for years and done very well for himself.

We all went to hartley brook leaving about 1963, Mick Greenwood, Kenny Grayson, Alan Ellis, Dennis Topham. were some others.

Sorry added my name to another thread about Attercliffe or Huntsman Gardens, forgot which - there is so much to answer and look at on this site - just so time consuming!

my maiden name was Sidaway and the other names I remember were Parker, Major, Rodgers, Johnson, O'Neil and I know my husband's uncle Alf Walker lived on Titterton Street at the end after the telephone exchange. My brothers are Kenneth and Michael, Ken is still in Sheffield and coming for a visit in a few days.

I am finding it hard to remember names of people who went to HG - Brain Cooper I remember but I know he died recently and for some reason I remember Colin Flemming but no idea where he lived - otherwise it is a blank! So if you can jog the old brain that would be good.

mick greenwood has also passed away last year my husband john holland left hartley brook christmas 1962 he went to newhall school juniors with kenny grayson and mick greenwood.topham was in year above

thinks jimmy slack came from huntsman gardens then to hartley brook in the same year though.