Plugs Ticket Prices --- Sort it Out

carlosspencer12

Recently plug nights have been getting more and more expense - whats going on:confused:

- the fact that tickets for NEW YEAR EVE are £20 is a joke godskitchen and gatecrasher have that price tag and rightly so for the line ups they have, competing with the other clubs to have the best Djs for the event but im sorry the line up at plug doesnt even come close.

Heres the line up

MONDAY DECEMBER 31ST- NEW YEAR'S EVE 2007/2008 - SHUFFLE

Live room: EROL ALKAN PEEKY // GEOFF TICEHURST // THE GEOFF HOWSE EXPERIENCE

Neutral room: TROPHY TWINS (Radio 1) COREY // LJ FREEMAN //

not a mega line up as GODS

Eddie halliwell

John 'o' callaghan

Mark etson

Jon o bir

Will bailey

Duncan Murray

+ More

J roc

Paul Lucas

Granted you pay £25 for that event but look at the line up you have some of the best djs in the world today i mean eddies ranked 17th in the world, John O Callaghan 108.

Please tell me that im notthe only one who thinks this!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=274294 (what i posted a while back)

"Is it me or is PLUG getting more expensive?

I've been going for some time, it stared off £6 back in the day when Lilly Allen and Dizzy, Trophy Twins were there (granted that was NUS entrance). Then it popped up to £8 on a Saturday.

Then it went up to £10 the other saturday for Dave Spoon and i paid £10 the other friday, And now i see this for £15.50.

Granted there are some very big names in this line up, NYPC's album is awsome, and Hot Chip DJ sets are really good, but Plug is known for its big names at cheap ticket prices. Only becuse the Lions Den down the road went up in flames, please dont lose your Business due to prices.

It will only take a up and comming club to out do you.

Remember your not that old, and think were you were 2 years ago, Crasher tickets were cheaper (£12-£15) for bigger names and a later licence and a bigger venue.

im afraid i'll be missing out on this one....

Sorry"

For this very reason is why i'll be going to Nylon these days as the crowd and "Change of mind" of the management seems to have changed in PLUG.

If you dont like a night or think its too expensive - dont go. Simple as. *All* clubs are more expensive on NYE (Void/shhhh is about £20 also) and if you want to pay even more cash to get taken in by the GC/Gods marketing machine - fair enough - its your money...

I've been paying £15 to 20 to get into clubs on NYE since 1994. It's always been the same. Don't forget the DJ's put their fees up too on NYE so they usually end up playing for the highest bidder.

Whilst not to my taste (and yours either by the looks of things) Erol Alkan and the Trophy Twins are huge the the moment. I think £20 is easily justifiable.

Plus, for the 'god's you list, I'm guessing they're trance DJ's? If they're what you consider gods then a night of Erol Alkan and the Trophy Twins is hardly going to be to your taste anyway.

If you dont like a night or think its too expensive - dont go. Simple as. *All* clubs are more expensive on NYE (Void/shhhh is about £20 also) and if you want to pay even more cash to get taken in by the GC/Gods marketing machine - fair enough - its your money...

well ive been out in notts and derby and derbys main club red is only charging £12.50 and theyve got a wicked line up for all - my point is the same as kierans- if u love your music and clubbing and venues why do the prices have to go up - clubland rubbish i tell you - Nylon here we come

I've been paying £15 to 20 to get into clubs on NYE since 1994. It's always been the same. Don't forget the DJ's put their fees up too on NYE so they usually end up playing for the highest bidder.

Whilst not to my taste (and yours either by the looks of things) Erol Alkan and the Trophy Twins are huge the the moment. I think £20 is easily justifiable.

Plus, for the 'god's you list, I'm guessing they're trance DJ's? If they're what you consider gods then a night of Erol Alkan and the Trophy Twins is hardly going to be to your taste anyway.

i like all sorts of music trance - tech trance - electro and house - i know that the likes of the trophy twins head lining a gig rnt worth £20 even on a NYE - you have to think about your regulars - their the people that make the nights not the one offs

I can't see the Plug wanting to rip anyone off. They're providing a line up which will stand up against most in the country for the genre they come under. They've got to pay the DJ's, staff and other overheads and make a bit of money as well. I dread to think what Mr Alkan and the Trophy Twins are charging but I reckon they'll take the biggest cut on the night.

How much are GC charging at Magna by the way?

Granted you pay £25 for that event but look at the line up you have some of the best djs in the world today i mean eddies ranked 17th in the world, John O Callaghan 108.

Damn eddie and john o callaghan have been ranked in djmags popularity list - they must be good then if djmag say so!

:)

each to their own i suppose

Archived