Plugs Ticket Prices --- Sort it Out

carlosspencer12

My Wish List :- thats if they would play or not.

Miles Dyson

Laid Back Luke

Dubfire

Afrojack

Hi-Tack

I tell you who should come back -

Chris Lake was wicked last time i saw him- came and had a little dance on the dance floor

Sebastian leger

MYNC Project

I agree, I Saw Chris Lake as Space, he was awesome and really works the crowd too.

It absolutely disheartens me (i am one of the bookers at Plug) to read this post.

We started out a month ago offering NYE at £15, which i still think compares us to ALL THE VENUES OVER 400 capacity as one of the cheapest NYE price in the city. For that price you got 2 very good international DJ's.

We started trying to book Erol Alkan back in January 2007.....we eventually after doubling up with Notts, got him confirmed for nearly twice the price we originally offered, in July. Now if im truly honest, its a bloody snip. Because he probably could have played a London venue or anywhere in Europe for twice the price, but he actually loves playing Sheffield.....so much so...he practically begged for the midnight slot in Sheffield, much to Notts annoyance. We were amazed he agreed to humble Sheffield on NYE, and did high fives round the office for a week.

Now if your not a lover of Erol or Trophy Twins, i understand not wanting to pay £20. But i might add, places like Embrace & Leadmill whose djs will be getting under £300 for their slots, if they are lucky, are still charging £15 +'s. Are they wrong?

We all have to pay double time for security and staff on NYE. Plus trust me, getting staff to work it aint that easy either.

Last year, we only just broke even on NYE.

For the members on here moaning about our lineups.....by all means, let me know what you want us to book....maybe we are already trying??? Maybe we arent, and need your assistance as to what we should be booking....They are 52 Saturdays in the year, thats a lot of bookings....can you not see why we bring people back?!?

Regarding pricing.....we would absolutely LOVE to reduce our prices....but with band gigs its set by the agent/management, and club nights on what we are booking dj wise.

For Jan onwards next year, Shuffle is 75% of the time £5 adv and NUS, £7 on the door!!! I think "most" of our competition is similar and they dont open to 4/5am nor do they bring talent to the city like we do.

For those occasions that Shuffle is more, its because we are playing flights/accomodation/travel from airports/excess baggage charges/djs fees for that booking/artiste that people want to see, and we cant swallow it up with £5 charges.....we'd love to...but just cant....if we did, we'd have been bankrupt 2 years ago.

Lastly, we have sold over 700 tickets for this event already....so fortunately for us, some people dont think we are ripping them off.....praise the Lord!

Adele

x

Don't sweat it Adele. I think plug does a grand job and if I wanted to see Trophy Twins and Alkan at £20 on NYE I wouldn't hesitate. I also think its rather good you actually come on here and be accountable and actually speak to the people there are plenty of venues that don't.

If we're talking about people we'd like to see and see back then my wish list includes

Stonebridge

Freemasons

Sandy Rivera

Simon Dunmore

Wes

Luvdup

Roger Sanchez

Hatiras

Macca

Harry Romero

Frankie Knuckles

Larry Heard

theres a few others but you can be going on with these!

Cheers Disco...

Re your list:- The problem with the US House DJ's is that, not only do they want copious amounts of dosh (honestly some are laughable!) but then they want 1st class flights (£'ssss), One DJ wanted a mercedes with chauffeur, 4/5 * hotels for themselves and their entourage!

Weigh that against how many people they will actually pull in, in Sheffield, and its a loss leader before you even start....

sorry....

Well whilst we're on the wish list for DJs!

Jorge Jaramillo

Sven Vath

Trentmoller (missed him in Leeds but it was supposed to be amazing-although I hear he's one of the most expensive DJ's there is to book...)

Dubfire

Ralph Lawson

Snake Sedric and/or Andro (my Hungarian housemate has introduced me to the wonders of Hungarian House/Techno, its the way ahead I tell thee!)

As for NYE, having Erol Alkan is a big coup for Plug, Congratulations for getting the midlnight slot as well! Unfortunatly Ill be working that night but im sure it will be a wicked night, all the best.

Cheers Disco...

Re your list:- The problem with the US House DJ's is that, not only do they want copious amounts of dosh (honestly some are laughable!) but then they want 1st class flights (£'ssss), One DJ wanted a mercedes with chauffeur, 4/5 * hotels for themselves and their entourage!

Weigh that against how many people they will actually pull in, in Sheffield, and its a loss leader before you even start....

sorry....

I did say it was a wish list! I honestly didn't expect you to get many of them in. That said Frankie kKnuckles would be amazing....

I've also given up on you ever getting Fatboy Slim!

Man thats got to suck!

Tell me about it. Although its my birthday not so long after in January so we're all gonna make up for it then!

Its one of those where I could have booked it off but it works out at like double and a half time or someting stupid like that so I couldnt really turn it down! What are your NYE plans, you playing anywhere?

I did say it was a wish list! I honestly didn't expect you to get many of them in. That said Frankie kKnuckles would be amazing....

I've also given up on you ever getting Fatboy Slim!

Dont give up on FatBoy.......its a regular email (along with Carl Cox) that goes out 3 times a year.....;-)

perservance.....

Tell me about it. Although its my birthday not so long after in January so we're all gonna make up for it then!

Its one of those where I could have booked it off but it works out at like double and a half time or someting stupid like that so I couldnt really turn it down! What are your NYE plans, you playing anywhere?

Not got any plans to be honest. We can't get a babysitter so looks like a night in with the cheeseboard and some wine and the quiz of the year

Archived