Plugs Ticket Prices --- Sort it Out

carlosspencer12

Recently plug nights have been getting more and more expense - whats going on:confused:

- the fact that tickets for NEW YEAR EVE are £20 is a joke godskitchen and gatecrasher have that price tag and rightly so for the line ups they have, competing with the other clubs to have the best Djs for the event but im sorry the line up at plug doesnt even come close.

Heres the line up

MONDAY DECEMBER 31ST- NEW YEAR'S EVE 2007/2008 - SHUFFLE

Live room: EROL ALKAN PEEKY // GEOFF TICEHURST // THE GEOFF HOWSE EXPERIENCE

Neutral room: TROPHY TWINS (Radio 1) COREY // LJ FREEMAN //

:

I've just read all of this thread and I totally disagree with the claims it is over priced compared to other venues.

Erol Alkan, NYE, will be a million times better than gods kitchen. He crosses genres, plays what he likes, and basically isn't boring. If you prefer the other, go to that.... choice is dead good, isn't it?

Some people? If you think somewhere has a better line up and is better value for money, then just go there.

Me, I'll be supping ale on the Northumbrian coast, but if I was in Sheffield, I would be heading out to see Erol play the midnight slot, no quarms.

Personally think Plug's lineups this year have been excellent - I've had some quality nights and now UG is back home it's even better. I've seen a list of great DJs as long as my arm there - I've also missed quite a few. Can't moan about the prices either.

Doesn't Plug hold about 1200? If they managed to sell all the tickets at £20 (sounds as though they've sold loads at £15 though) then that's £24k which is sod all. They're probably looking at closer to £21k (yes I'm guessing).

Add the bar takings etc. to that and take the cost of DJs, bar staff, security, promotion etc. from it and it's not quite the money spinner that some people seem to think it is.

Would be nice to see Squarepusher, Autechre and LFO at Plug.

Aphex Twin is another I'd like to see (especially after his brilliant set at Warehouse Project last week) but he rarely plays anywhere.

Not too keen on Plug itself but I'd kill to see any of the above acts in Shef :)

Archived