53 Theatre Group

lennonman

Are there any former members of 53 Theatre Group out there? I was a member for a short period in the early eighties and performed in 3 plays at the Library Theatre. Remember the group was so called because it was formed in 1953. I need my memory jogging for names, the only ones i recall being Sheila Gascoigne and Royden Beniston. Was also wondering if the group are still performing these days.

Are there any former members of 53 Theatre Group out there? I was a member for a short period in the early eighties and performed in 3 plays at the Library Theatre. Remember the group was so called because it was formed in 1953. I need my memory jogging for names, the only ones i recall being Sheila Gascoigne and Royden Beniston. Was also wondering if the group are still performing these days.

I was with the 53 group for a while. Sheila is still going strong but sadly Royden passed away a few years back. He went as he would have wished, halfway through a play at the Library Theratre. Other names that you may remember, Joyce Crowther, Maureen Battersby, Anne Ashby, Brian Ward. Do they ring any bells.

yes i do remember the names you have mentioned, recall going to Anne's house to rehearse, and we used to meet in the mail coach on west street on thursdays. I think i was in the group around 1983/84 time. Glad Sheila is still going she was a great actress wasnt she, remember her playing the mother in The Anniversary which i was in and she was brilliant.

Archived