Old public house

Eccoray

What was the pub called at the bottom of Granville Road,Queens Road,and St Marys Road.It was not The Truro,or The Royal Standard.It was brick pub,and has been gone for a long time now.It's just one of those names that we cannot remember.

not sure,was it the vine?

i know it was hit by a runaway bus many years ago,my dad worked on rebuilding it, there is a thread on here somewhere about it,but it was ages back

It was smashed into as you say,and I have been in the pub.Its one of those things,that as we get older,and the mates in the pub get older,that we cannot remember.Been pas a thousand time as a kid,and a grown up,but it has gone from the memory banks.I know it,but???

not sure,was it the vine?

i know it was hit by a runaway bus many years ago,my dad worked on rebuilding it, there is a thread on here somewhere about it,but it was ages back

The one at the very bottom was called the Montgomery Hotel.

It was a single storey building having had it's upper floors blown off in the blitz.

A bus did indeed crash into it.

How do I know this... I lived there between 1969 and 1971 at the grand old age of 5, my mum and dad were the landlord and landlady.

I would love a picture if anyone has one.

FYTC...Did your mom and dad move from Colley Ave to the pub?.If they did it was my mom and dad that they had moved with from Galsworthy Rd,and I used to call in the pub to see them when you were small.

Yes it is. They took the pub over from my my dads cousin Terry. I was born on Galsworthy Road.

Please PM me with more details.