Old public house

Eccoray

it was not a bus that crashed into it it was in fact a lorry that belonged to a company on Denby street Joseph Smiths was the name of the company. and the driver was killed

You are right ricky. I remember a drawing of the incident that was done by one of the customers. He had it framed and it hung in the pub.

The one at the very bottom was called the Montgomery Hotel.

It was a single storey building having had it's upper floors blown off in the blitz.

A bus did indeed crash into it.

How do I know this... I lived there between 1969 and 1971 at the grand old age of 5, my mum and dad were the landlord and landlady.

I would love a picture if anyone has one.

Before my time, but is this it?

• 8 years later...
The one at the very bottom was called the Montgomery Hotel.

It was a single storey building having had it's upper floors blown off in the blitz.

A bus did indeed crash into it.

How do I know this... I lived there between 1969 and 1971 at the grand old age of 5, my mum and dad were the landlord and landlady.

I would love a picture if anyone has one.

HI- Im writing a book on Sheffield pubs. Is there anything else you can tell me about this pub? What were your parents names? pm me or email me sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

Guest makapaka
It says this poster's account is closed so not likely to see it.

However, still on topic of old pubs, do you know the name of the one at the top of Palm Street?

The palm tree - still open. Used to go in now and then but haven't for about 10 years. Was always a nice little pub and assume it still is.

The palm tree - still open. Used to go in now and then but haven't for about 10 years. Was always a nice little pub and assume it still is.

No, not the Palm, I know that is still open. At the top of the hill, I noticed a beer sign on the wall - see link - Looks like it must have been a pub to have that on wall.

HI- Im writing a book on Sheffield pubs. Is there anything else you can tell me about this pub? What were your parents names? pm me or email me sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

Yet another? It seems it's all been done before there's not much now we don't know of our Sheffield pubs and you can always look on sheffieldhistory there's all the history,

photos and ex landlords from the 1800s.