Snooker halls of old.

lazyherbert

Do you remember the snooker halls that were all over Sheffield in the 50s-60s 70s.The ones I remember were Fitzpatrick & Longley on Ladys Bridge,the one opposite the Roscoe Cinema (don`t know it`s name)& the one at the top of Wood lane which I think is still there.Where did you play?

Ah yes wasn`t that macartins.Later a betting shop.

Macartins rings a bell, don't remember a betting shop.....it was black and dark..chip shop next to it and a cycle shop lower down. More or less opposite the gennel that went up to the Adelphi.

I left in late 60's ....oh and there was one on Brompton Road by the no 5 bus stop and that became a hairdressers.....

There was one under the Abbeydale cinema, a bit high class, and one at the Heeley end of Broadfield road, definitely not upper class. Cost me many a tanner.

Used them both on the way home from school :D We were always kicked out of the one under the Abbeydale when they opened the bar :(

My mother never understood why I got so much detention :hihi:

Used them both on the way home from school :D We were always kicked out of the one under the Abbeydale when they opened the bar :(

My mother never understood why I got so much detention :hihi:

You must have lived in the area. I lived on Glen Road right next to Abbeydale Elementary School, which I attended till I went to Nether Edge Grammar. I latrer lived on Arthur Road just up from the Abbeydale Cinema. Uswed to spend time in the drink shop next door, getting sloshed on sasparilla.

Archived