Jocosa Bar - West Street

Suave

i have been to jocosa twice now and i must admit it, it is a fantastic place to go and chill out with friends, the atmosphere is great and the food is the best on west street!!!

i recommend everyone tries it as the quality is far better than anything else in the city centre!!!

You don't have any association with this place by any chance do you?! First post?

no i work in another bar in the city centre and tried it out at weekend and thought it was good!!

Fair enough. I was being a little presumptious. The place looks nice, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as West Street is concerned....what would concern me is what the unique selling point of this place is; what does it have to offer people beyond what is already available? It sounds like it can't compete on price with other establishments, but can it compete with other venues on West / Division Street in terms of quality? This will be the true test for the place....the market around the area is swamped with places that attempt to aim higher than their own standards allow; the last thing we need is another wannabe.

i just enjoy going there as it is different and something new. as it is not full of young students and cheap watered down drinks.

the cocktails are nice. only a small selection but that is to be expected as the staff have just learnt them. i admit i had 2 wait a little extra 4 my cocktails but in the end i was impressed and didnt mind, sure once they find hteir feet that place will take off.

not yet tried food in the day.

will be sure to try it out soon though.

• 1 year later...

I went in recently and they have set up a new tapas kitchen! The food is great and the prices are good too. A new destination for me and my uni mates I must say.

The kitchen has been given it's own name aswell and they mentioned getting an informational website up soon. Chimi di Changa is the name.

note to self: swerve jocosa.

classic, great deal of valuable input there.

i'm presuming you're implying that me and my friends are lowlifes or something of the sort?

i was expecting a bit more from this forum to be fair, came on with an open mind but so far all ive seen has made me think the exact opposite.

classic, great deal of valuable input there.

i'm presuming you're implying that me and my friends are lowlifes or something of the sort?

i was expecting a bit more from this forum to be fair, came on with an open mind but so far all ive seen has made me think the exact opposite.

and all i've seen are miserable users with no sense of humour :roll:

Archived