Ecclesfield 'village'

Great little shopping area when you look back weren't it ..:hihi:

Grocer Bennett , Butcher Bennett , Syd Moss, Boltons , Bookers , Don Valley cleaners , Kirbys, Wilds butchers to name but a few ...!!

after shopping up the village we sometimes called in at the little fruit & veg shop opposite the old police station, very small inside,my mum said some things were a bit cheaper there, cant remember the name though.

after shopping up the village we sometimes called in at the little fruit & veg shop opposite the old police station, very small inside,my mum said some things were a bit cheaper there, cant remember the name though.
it was robinsons mid 70s through the 80s i think

I cant remember kirbys shop but i new mrs kirbys daughter agnes and her husband brian. they were good family freinds for years. both no longer with us. sadly missed

The inside of Kirby's shop was like Aladdin's cave. There was hardly any household item they didn't have. When you went in, there was a small space for you to stand and facing you was a gap in the wall. That's where Mrs Kirby stood. The walls were covered in things for sale. It was 18 Townend Road. Sanders' Stores was just a little further up the road. This was a general grocery shop.

GlynnSheldon, didn't you used to know Pete Goddard ?????

I knew Pete Goddard .. used to drink with him ,Karl Hible , Pat Rollings and John Gibbons in t' Griffin around 70/71..:hihi:

I knew Pete Goddard .. used to drink with him ,Karl Hible , Pat Rollings and John Gibbons in t' Griffin around 70/71..:hihi:

What about little Eric, Stuart, Dave Condon, Higgins, Paul Abdy ??

great pinball machine in the Tankard too.

GlynnSheldon, didn't you used to know Pete Goddard ?????

I still know Pete Goddard, just haven't seen him for a while. Well, years actually.

one of the reasons I use my real name that I was called by the teachers at school is to tickle old memories!! Who are you?:D

it was robinsons mid 70s through the 80s i think

just been talking to my mum and she said it was eddie jordon who owned the place in the 60,s and early 70,s. the 2 middle aged women who worked there were sisters. there names unknown at this time.