Ecclesfield 'village'

Peter Hurdley was the optician. I used to go to him for my glasses.:D

Jimmy was the optician and he only retired a couple of years ago. It is now run by his son Alex.

Peter had the grocers after his dad retired for a short while.

Is it near to the library in that new bit ? If so it must be close to where the sportsman pub used to stand, well to within a few feet anyway.

img134-1.jpg

Yes.Just here (pic taken 1962)

:o

img134-1.jpg

Yes.Just here (pic taken 1962)

thanks tonio, im going to print a copy to send to my mum & dad. it should bring back a few memory,s for them. I must have walked passed there every day when i was at rawsons infants, cant remember it though.

Thats funny I must have done that too but I can't remember that pub either and I was 11 in 1962 and just left juniors:shocked:

The date is correct as it was taken on a 35mm camera that I got for my 21st in Nov 1961

I think this has been mentioned previously on the 'Ecco pages' , but they used to sell ice lollies to t' school kids from round t' back o' pub , i often used to buy one and i'd make it last until i got to the top o' Greaves Road...:hihi: