Ecclesfield 'village'

not doubting date Tonio but its scary that can't remember building that I passed everyday for 6 years. but then I suppose between 5-11 you only really noice the pubs you get taken to by your parents and mine used to take us to the travellers because it had a large beer garden and we used to call at the kiosk at the top of Hulleys driveway for an icecream on the way down:D

:o

thanks tonio, im going to print a copy to send to my mum & dad. it should bring back a few memory,s for them. I must have walked passed there every day when i was at rawsons infants, cant remember it though.

Hi Sycamore (or as we older ones always knew it as Lambeth)

If you were going to Rawsons from Sycamore you wouldn't have passed The Sportsman you would have passed this place (again taken the early 60s)

img382.jpg

I lived at 19 Sycamore from 1977 to 1998 and seem to remember you and your sister playing carols at Malclom and Janets house.You on e flat bass and sister on tenor horn or cornet.

You must have known Betty and Alec Barraclough. They used to live opposite me before moving into the vilage in one of the two terraced houses which are opposite where the Eppic theatre used to be. Alec and later his son had and still have a garage business behind there. I have known the family since childhood. Alecs son and my brother have been lifelong friends:D