Ecclesfield 'village'

Barbara Wilkinson, Bless Her, saw her just before she moved into the residential home & used to get regular updates from her neighbour (June) who used to live across the road from her, but not seen June in ages. Who remembers Rachel? Barbara's partner in crime :D they were a pair together :hihi: Believe Rachel used to be post lady? I know when Rachel moved into Eva Ratcliffe, she used to say ' oh it's ok but it's full of old folk' bearing in mind Rachel was in her 80s (in body but obviously not in spirit) Happy Memories of time spent with both Barbara & Rachel .............
eyup lyn, i think youre referring to june knubley, formerly senior. sadly she passed away, another lovely lady

opposite the post office was a petrol station, cannot remember it ever being a operational garage
eyup denlin, it was also a garage, i cant remember keiths dad but i always remember keith being a mechanic there. im not sure if phil cooper also worked there as a mechanic at some stage

eyup nephew, not sure about garage opposite p/office but can remember petrol pumps being there and that barracloughs always had garage where it is now:D
yeah, i remember eddie housley who had the griffin taking his numerous cars over the years for servicing at keiths garage/petrol station, it use to be quite busy in the 70s&80s. your right about barracloughs, their garage has been there since way before i was born.

yeh, nephew, but din't really venture up there a lot as school was before I got there from where I live or we used to go into park either straight down common or up sycamore so din't really take much notice of that garage:roll:

yeh, nephew, but din't really venture up there a lot as school was before I got there from where I live or we used to go into park either straight down common or up sycamore so din't really take much notice of that garage:roll:
sycamore?:huh: do you mean lambeth?