Ecclesfield 'village'

I grew up on Tunnwell Ave, parson cross in the late 40`s until about 1956ish , went to Monteeny (sp) school and used to go sleding in the fields at Ecclesfield and I`m sure we called them The Shrogs ! I remember the cobblers shop in the main street, it smelled lovely .

Hi Cornish Maid, Ken Smith here tunwell drive 1947 to 1960. Brother is Terry. My wife Iris Golding. Her sister Kath married Fred Smith Tunwell Ave. My brother Terry is still in touch with Paul Marsden ex tunwell Ave.

Can anyone please tell me what was the name of the cottages opposite side of the road to Bank House, Iris's Grandparents lived there name of Bertha and Arthur Foster.

Edited by Keniris
to add a question.

Hi Cornish Maid, Ken Smith here tunwell drive 1947 to 1960. Brother is Terry. My wife Iris Golding. Her sister Kath married Fred Smith Tunwell Ave. My brother Terry is still in touch with Paul Marsden ex tunwell Ave.

Can anyone please tell me what was the name of the cottages opposite side of the road to Bank House, Iris's Grandparents lived there name of Bertha and Arthur Foster.

Can't remember the name but it was a farm. Nigel will know.

Did Paul Marsden live at the corner house of Tunwell Ave and Tunwell Drive? I remember him being in the choir at Monteney around 1950/51. He was the star having a lovely boy soprano voice.

I see an old neighbour of yours, Joan Leaming. She is married to David Speight who Iris may remember from EGS.

Hi, wow Joan Leeming, the teenage flame of my mate Mick Naylor. Yes Paul Marsden had a good voice. He went to the Grand Hotel as a chef after school. The wooden building opposite St Mary's Church was that a community centre. Its gone now, we had our wedding rec. there in 1961'

I think he means the old pensioners hut which was opposite Marishells chippy

Oh right, I remember that and the garage which was next to chippy and the old fishing taclke shop. Atheys shop which had tiled steps and opposite what was then the modern/grammar school building