Ecclesfield 'village'

Eighup MH ...I knew Garth many years ago ..Sad news ...( Hope your keeping OK )....GUZZI

Hi M. I remember Garth and his sister Celia. I think he had a brother too, but I can't remember his name. I knew his wife and both his parents too. I got on with them very well. Sorry to hear of his passing.---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 19:26 ----------

[/color]

i grew up with garth junior, same class from infants school right through juniors & senior school. garth senior used to send his wife across to the infants with a bag of sweets for us to share everyday. lovely family.

Tony is that the Ian Smart who had a brother named Gerald, live on Tunwell Ave. Was a torment. Lived next door to Linda Smith.

Iris and Kath Golding wish to know.

Ken

That's the one. See him two or three times a week.

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 10:18 ----------

Does anyone know the following these are people i went to school with or were pals in and around Ecclesfield.Michael Finnigan, Raymond Vine,Dave Burgin, Cedric Betney (cousin), Kieth Sleeney, Graham Clark and anyone elsr who knew me. I was born in Ecclesfield, Ialso played with Ecclesfield Red Rose 1958/60 also in 1967.

Hi Graham

Ian Smart is in America until early April and on his return he will contact you. He asks me to tell you that there were a couple of class reunions a few years ago but they were unable to contact you. He has addresses and phone numbers of many of your school pals which you are welcome to.

Sorry to have to tell you that Keith Sleeney has passed on a few years ago.

Ian says that he thinks that you are in the Leeds area

T

Hi Cornish Maid, Ken Smith here tunwell drive 1947 to 1960. Brother is Terry. My wife Iris Golding. Her sister Kath married Fred Smith Tunwell Ave. My brother Terry is still in touch with Paul Marsden ex tunwell Ave.

Can anyone please tell me what was the name of the cottages opposite side of the road to Bank House, Iris's Grandparents lived there name of Bertha and Arthur Foster.

I remember both the Golding sisters !, and Fred and his brother (Ray?). They all used to go to Ebenezer . Fred and Ray were both footballers in the church team along with my Brother in law Billy Button . They will remember my sister Beryl and not probably me . but they will all Know of my Mum and Dad .Dad "managed the football team , and ran the Boys Brigade along with Charlie Walker , Remember them all well

• 1 month later...

Yes Gerald is my younger brother - do you mean he was a torment or I was! (or both perhaps!!) ha

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:06 ----------

Tony is that the Ian Smart who had a brother named Gerald, live on Tunwell Ave. Was a torment. Lived next door to Linda Smith.

Iris and Kath Golding wish to know.

Ken

How dare the girls call me a torment? ha ha. Gerald still lives around Tunwell Avenue area. I live at Burncross.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:09 ----------

thanks for the information,sorry to hear about keith sleeney,would be nice to hear about the others from that era

Hi Graham, I am now back in the UK. Don't know your number or address. Are you still in Leeds?

Some years ago I knew the Hoylands of Ecclesfield --there was Bill and Edith on St Michael's Road, and Billy's dad, Tom, lived on The Common. But I am going back a long time. Someone has recently mentioned an Arthur Hoyland of Ecclesfield, but the name doesn't mean anything to me: must be a different branch of the family.

My brother, Keith Boon, tells me that Arthur Hoyland was in his class at Ecc Sec Mod.and thinks that he lived in The Common area. He will be 76 if he is still alive.

My brother, Keith Boon, tells me that Arthur Hoyland was in his class at Ecc Sec Mod.and thinks that he lived in The Common area. He will be 76 if he is still alive.

Arthur Hoyland is my cousin and he is very much alive. You are spot on about his age. He is still in Ecclesfield.