Ecclesfield 'village'

• 3 weeks later...
can anyone tell me if mick & Sandra are still running the greyhound.
they are, not sure as for how long as they've put the lease up for sale,

---------- Post added 22-12-2014 at 16:14 ----------

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 15:45 ----------

[/color]

I think you could be mistaken there , as far as I know Greta is still alive and living with her son Mark on Sycamore.

I was given false info, she sure is alive, 82 now

• 2 weeks later...
Hi spingoboy, my family lived next door to joan & david for over 45 years. they were good friends and neighbours. I also worked with graham Hartley back in 1974, and as you said greta still lives on sycamore with mark. My mums family, the guests lived on park crescent.

Those are all my postings Sycamore, don't know why they popped up on Spingoboys post????.

Yes I vaguely remember you when you lived at the side of Joan and Davids

• 4 weeks later...

Evening,

I have a painting/watercolour/artwork by Allan Womersley dated 96(?) of Ecclesfield Church. I would love to find out more information about it, try to work out the connection etc, I understand Nigel Womersley is a family member and may post on this forum. If anyone can offer any help with the research I would be most greatful. Kind regards, Debbie

• 1 month later...
Me and my dad would walk to scholes and go up the tower while mom made Sunday dinner. We used to go over the "iron bridge" and past some aweful smelling ponds. Probably not good for you! That would have been late fifties early sixties. It's a good memory, would love the walks ...long before the motorway. I can't exactly remember how we got there...perhaps up station road...there seemed to be a small hamlet somewhere along the walk? Any ideas?

You probably walked along Johnson lane from the bottom of cowley, then over the main train lines, the iron bridge was over the next set of lines which ran into the coaking plant

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember anyone who lived on wheel lane or the wheel? I had family lived there in the stone cottages near the farm,on often wonder what it looks like now used to be a very pretty place

I remember a young lass called Julie Wood who lived near the Farm on Town End...She was in the same class as me at Ecco Infants and Juniors ( im 61) .

Also , John Bingham ( who used to own the Farm ,married my Mothers Cousin :)

I remember going to the Wheel youth club when Mrs Rollet ran it and she convinced me to enter a " little race" to represent the club when I arrived at the Dorothy Hyman stadium only to be met by semi professional sportsmen then realised I was out of my league and had to walk all the way from wombwell back to Parson Cross because she had paid our fares out and I was too embarrassed to ask for the fare back. Pity I couldn't have Googled the competition then