Ecclesfield 'village'

Does anyone have any knowledge on the Woffindin's/Woofindin (all sorts of variants on the spelling of the name). I believe the family lived round there and are buried at St Mary's. Also think there was a butcher's near Wheel Lane/Salt Box Lane?
eyup blade there was a butcher called mr williams who lived on the wheel he had a shop in the eighties which is now a beauty salon called house of elliot owned by a former police officer just up from the junction of the wheel and saltbox lane i believe he had 3 sons 2 were called john and steven williams the family still live on yhe wheel about 4 doors down from the lights Edited by mh01

eyup blade there was a butcher called mr williams who lived on the wheel he had a shop in the eighties which is now a beauty salon called house of elliot owned by a former police officer just up from the junction of the wheel and saltbox lane i believe he had 3 sons 2 were called john and steven williams the family still live on yhe wheel about 4 doors down from the lights

Alright MH01,

I'm going back quite a bit early 1900s just wondered if any of the Woffindins hung around and had family in the area. I think from memory John Woffindin was a butcher and cattle dealer and the shop was at Brown Lane nr Salt Box.

Cheers

i dont know the web address, i just typed in [grenoside census] on page 2 it said burials- sheffield history- sheffield memories. the blades have spent a few million the last few year weve spent nowt and took 10 out of 12 points in 4 games maybe were just more committed to the cause than a lot of your overpaid under performing lot hahaha

Cheers I found that website u mentioned, many thanks.

U could turn that round and say your team were only committed for that one game and compared to the blades your team hasn't be commited for the best part of the season hence u lower down the table? & it aint our fault your team's poor.

Does anyone know if a Brown Lane still exists up Grenoside?