Ecclesfield 'village'

OK, He has John, Michelle and Steven. I have been here in the US for a couple of years and it was a year or two before that since I last saw them. We always had fun when we got together.

i was at skool with steve he lives up wadsley village the last i heard, i see john knockin around now & again & i think michelle still has a shop down hillsboro, i see jean regularly on the village along with henry before he goes in the greyhound, may i ask where you lived please

Michelle gave up the shop at Hillsboro' years ago. I lived on Parson Cross and then at Grenoside but my grandparents were on Bernshall.

What number Bernshall Margaret? That's where I live, n whereabouts in States do ya live, I lived there for a while :D

just readin this back, we're a nosy lot aint we but if we don't ask we don't get to know :hihi:

Edited by lynblu

What number Bernshall Margaret? That's where I live, n whereabouts in States do ya live, I lived there for a while :D

just readin this back, we're a nosy lot aint we but if we don't ask we don't get to know :hihi:

its surnames i remember most on bernshall or anywhere in the village for that matter

They lived at #20 but that was a long time ago, we had some great bonfires on the land out back. We live in Georgia now, in the middle of nowhere and I love it. I loved living in Sheffield but I have no desire to return. I do want my children to grow up knowing what it was like and where I was born and raised. As you said if you don't ask.................

They lived at #20 but that was a long time ago, we had some great bonfires on the land out back. We live in Georgia now, in the middle of nowhere and I love it. I loved living in Sheffield but I have no desire to return. I do want my children to grow up knowing what it was like and where I was born and raised. As you said if you don't ask.................

I live at 24, number 20 has just gone up for sale £117,000 :D I was living part of the time in CA up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas & the Jan - Aug on a yacht in Key West FLA. Fantastic lifestyle, the hilight of my time there was driving from CA to FLA stopping en route ...........

hi does anyone know a lisa bassinder i'm asking for my sister she was called joanne gibson

hi linda2008, the only bassinders i know of in ecclesfield own and run the window blind shop beside crampton and moore on high street.they had a son & daughter the same ages as myself & my sister. this would put the daughter in her late 40,s. i hope this info is of some use to you.

banjo may be able to tell us a few of her ecclefield memories

Well my memory aint what it used to be! I was brought up on Cross Hill, remember Mr and Mrs Lyons shop and Boons in the village. I also remember the Euco market opening - my Mom was over the moon to be able to shop in a supermarket, when Hillards arrived she couldn't believe it :hihi: I remember ging into 'town' on the bus and Mom asking the driver for a '9 and a half' she thought it was daylight robbery when the fare went up to 10p! Oh and my birth certificate said I was born in Wortley but when I had to get a copy a couple of years ago it now says I was born in Sheffield - my Dad would have a fit, he was so proud not to be 'a Sheffielder' as he was born in High Green. Happy days......

hi banjo,talking of birth certificates, i had to get a copy of mine to get a passport back in 2004.it still says i was born in the sub district of wortley.the only difference i can see is the registrars name. the origional FROM 1958 has TOM BERNARD ALMGILL on it but the copy FROM 2004 has L. BRADLEY as the registrar. by the way can anyone remember the celebrety who officially opened the euco-market?