Ecclesfield 'village'

I remember patch cos i was friends with his sister Debbie she still lives at her mothers on Yew lane so she would beable to contact Patch for you.

Hi Rosie , i went up Yew Lane t'other day ( past their house ) and noticed Patches 3 wheeler parked up outside .I also remember his sisters, Julie , Sandra & Debbie , ta ...GUZZIOWL

Hi Rosie , i went up Yew Lane t'other day ( past their house ) and noticed Patches 3 wheeler parked up outside .I also remember his sisters, Julie , Sandra & Debbie , ta ...GUZZIOWL

eyup guzziowl,i remember patch well , we used to knock about toghether when i was 9 or 10. there were usually 3 of us ,the other lad was called kieth garrot who lived at the top of st margrets road. tried my first smoke with those 2 lads. park drive, nearly choked to death:hihi:. hears another name for you,........stephen bentley, sadly no longer with us but what a carachter(sp).

eyup guzziowl,i remember patch well , we used to knock about toghether when i was 9 or 10. there were usually 3 of us ,the other lad was called kieth garrot who lived at the top of st margrets road. tried my first smoke with those 2 lads. park drive, nearly choked to death:hihi:. hears another name for you,........stephen bentley, sadly no longer with us but what a carachter(sp).

Eighup Syca, i remember Stephen Bentley ..also , if you are a few years younger than me ( i'm 56 ) you must remember John Hodkin ( Hockey ? ) I knew John ( he lived next door to me) in the early 60's ..And, do you know why 'Patch' was called that ? ..keep in touch mate , by the way, i'm gonna take a trip up Vivian rd this week and search for Mr Parkinson...WATCH THIS SPACE !..GUZZIOWL

I went to school with both Hocky and Bents. Stephen Bentley was shytot with a catapult, he went into the army and sadly like has been said, is no longer with us. It was drug related death I understand. Hocky used to ride cycle speedway with us down Green Lane, he joined the fire service and was recovering from a bad illness last I heard. His Dad owned/owns the picture framing shop in what was the old chemist opp. Mobri.

There was a kid lived in the shop just after the Griffin, which is now a house, called Mick Flynn, seem to remember they emigrated to Aussie, jammy buggers. My grandad failed his eyesight or we'd have been there.

I went to school with both Hocky and Bents. Stephen Bentley was shytot with a catapult, he went into the army and sadly like has been said, is no longer with us. It was drug related death I understand. Hocky used to ride cycle speedway with us down Green Lane, he joined the fire service and was recovering from a bad illness last I heard. His Dad owned/owns the picture framing shop in what was the old chemist opp. Mobri.

There was a kid lived in the shop just after the Griffin, which is now a house, called Mick Flynn, seem to remember they emigrated to Aussie, jammy buggers. My grandad failed his eyesight or we'd have been there.

Eighup Zepstox, John Hodkin works in his dad's shop a couple of days a week , i called in a couple of months ago with our lass, and we had a 'good owd chat ' about days gone by . Not sure what days he works as now , but you may be lucky and catch him ,if so, tell him i sent ya ...(mention 113 yew lane ) he will know me . !!!),.. GUZZIOWL

Eighup Syca, i remember Stephen Bentley ..also , if you are a few years younger than me ( i'm 56 ) you must remember John Hodkin ( Hockey ? ) I knew John ( he lived next door to me) in the early 60's ..And, do you know why 'Patch' was called that ? ..keep in touch mate , by the way, i'm gonna take a trip up Vivian rd this week and search for Mr Parkinson...WATCH THIS SPACE !..GUZZIOWL

yes mate i remember hocky, and i always assumed patch was short for patrick . as for john p, his wifes name was dianne and they had 2 sons last time i saw them. its a bit awkward for me to go looking for poeple as im living in ireland these past 15 years, so i will have to leave ground work to you mate. by the way if you find john he will remember me better as muttley, an old nickname (long story). good luck. oh and im 52 on tuesday 9th

Edited by sycamore66j

eyup zepstox, we must be about the same age as we seem to remember the same names from school days. i remember the cycle speedway track on green lane, wasnt there a lad called glen galloway lived opposite the track? another couple of old freinds from that era were brian spriggs and malcom peat. we all went to rawsons infants together then junior school.

Glen (Gal) was a mate of mine, he bought a JAP speedway bike and we went up to Beighton tip to have go, poohed myself 0-60 in the blink of an eye and no brakes! Spriggsy's brother Geoff, lives next door to me now up Deepcar but can't remember Malcolm Peat. Spriggsy arrived on this "Heath Robinson" home made chopper thing, it looked the dogs danglies but it was no good for the racing we were doing. I was a Greno lad but we all went to Ecco comp and Sheffield speedway together. I reckon you might be Wardu...of Ballyconnell??

Edited by zepstox