Ecclesfield 'village'

HI ecco, live on common. remember ern claxton telling me about pond on backs of gardens.but he said dam ? but also he said his dad had an allotment of back of garden which was rented of farmer, before it became a sports field. it used to be pristine sports field. but that's 30years ago. you want to see it now.also been talking to your Rodger "ERION" thought it was him on here but he`s put me straight.:confused::huh::roll:

does anybody here remember Glynn Robinson? Rodger Cook? or wack?? from ecco 1950s to now?

Eighup scallyann, i worked at Arthur Lees at Ecco from 69 -79 and Glynn Robinson worked there ..( that's if it's the same guy ..he had straight fair hair and he will be pushing 60 as now ) i used to see him in the Griffin pub , but i've not seen him for around 15 years ( last time i saw him was in Asda at Chap.)

Didn't Rodger Cook used to drink in the Tankard ? and if i remember correctly, he wasn't a bad darts player either.

As for Wack, i remember Barry Ward from Shiregreen (he died a good few years ago ) and was known as Wag ( could it be the same bloke .? ) always used to cycle to Ecco and drank in the ex-serv mens club ( not bad at snooker and liked a bet !! )

Eighup scallyann, i worked at Arthur Lees at Ecco from 69 -79 and Glynn Robinson worked there ..( that's if it's the same guy ..he had straight fair hair and he will be pushing 60 as now ) i used to see him in the Griffin pub , but i've not seen him for around 15 years ( last time i saw him was in Asda at Chap.)

Didn't Rodger Cook used to drink in the Tankard ? and if i remember correctly, he wasn't a bad darts player either.

As for Wack, i remember Barry Ward from Shiregreen (he died a good few years ago ) and was known as Wag ( could it be the same bloke .? ) always used to cycle to Ecco and drank in the ex-serv mens club ( not bad at snooker and liked a bet !! )

glynne worked with me at a forge in ecco called hall and picles he used to drink in tankard so did cooky glyn was living in chap last i heard but will be 67 or 68 now

glynne worked with me at a forge in ecco called hall and picles he used to drink in tankard so did cooky glyn was living in chap last i heard but will be 67 or 68 now

Doesn't time fly eh ! i didn't think Glyn was 'that owd ' i'm 56 and allus thought he was 3 to 4 years older than me..:huh::hihi:

yes your very right Glynn lives in ecclesfield as does Rodger.

And hes in his 60s 2!

Theres a fare few names on here, but not seen awt on the name ive listed,

just thought id ask, as they were around alot. And i know many a story about them.:hihi:

Alma had the shop next door to you. Her husband was called Percy (Hague is an Ecclesfield name) and they had four children.

I remember alma,s from when i first started work at william greens ( where morrisons is now ) back in 1974. as the young apprentice it was my job to fetch the fish & chips on friday dinner time. I also went for the sandwichs at snap time in the morning, but these were from the shop where braybrookes shop used to be, just down from linden road. the cheapest sandwich at that time was a fried egg sandwich at 8 pence.

Edited by sycamore66j

HI ecco, live on common. remember ern claxton telling me about pond on backs of gardens.but he said dam ? but also he said his dad had an allotment of back of garden which was rented of farmer, before it became a sports field. it used to be pristine sports field. but that's 30years ago. you want to see it now.also been talking to your Rodger "ERION" thought it was him on here but he`s put me straight.:confused::huh::roll:

lol thanks CS, err you thought Rog was me lol he cant even switch on the computer!!! he told me you love Ecc history too... I do but cant seem to get much history info for this end of ecco... so come on all you that remember, dont just remember "up in the village" :D