Ecclesfield 'village'

Yea I was born at 112 high st, the 3 cottages behind the ball in, 1946

Can you remember a coalman who used to live on high greave, next door or next door but one to where dentist is now? in those days it was co-op

I remember all of these,I was born in the first cottage 112 up the yard opposite goldsmiths shop,My dad used to run the chippy some time before Mrs catlin had it.My sisters best friend was margaret rushby whos familly owned the bakers and bank house -later (regency),I used to spend a lot of time in the bank house gardens,I can still recall the lovely smell of the cobblers shop - ( Mr Goodinson). I used to have to carry the accumalators for the radio up to cutts shop each week for recharging,could go on all day, great memories

I remember all of these too, Margaret Rushby used to take me to the fair at back of ball in when i was little,i used to go bank house gardens picking out seedlings when i was 14/15.

Mrs Catlins daughter used to live round the corner from me

Can you remember a coalman who used to live on high greave, next door or next door but one to where dentist is now? in those days it was co-op

I think he might have been called Rees but it's so long ago I'm just not sure

Hi everyone

I'm trying to trace the whereabouts of an old friend who lived at 219 High Street Ecclesfield some 35 years ago. Her name was Magaret Cooke then (obviously changed if married now) and she lived with her father and sister. She worked in the shoe department at Cockaynes in Sheffield which later became Schofields. If anyone has any clue it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks PeterT

Hi Peter Margaret is my cuisan i will tell her you are trying to find her then pass on her details

My sisters best friend was margaret rushby whos familly owned the bakers and bank house

Margret is my Moms friend and regulary goes walking with her,

My mom worked at the Regency for many years,

JJ..:)

He had the unusual surname of Basher and I believe, used to breed show dogs. I think it was number 241 High Greave. Many years ago though.