UK Mama - Restaurant/takeaway. Your opinions...

Miss_S_83

We're going to the Radhuni this week .......... looking forward to it, and thought I'd check on here for reviews .......... all mainly good :)

However, as with others, I passed on the Groupon UK Mama vouchers ...... didn't think they would be worth the paper they were printed on lol

Angi

I had a meal here recently after purchasing a voucher from Groupon.

Everything was very bad; first we got a call about an hour before we went to say that we couldnt go untill 2 hours after our booked time, then when we got there and waited about an hour and half for main course and then another 30 mins for desert. We got put at a rubbish table even though it was empty. The staff didnt have a clue - seriously, food was awful etc etc

BUT If you bought from Groupon it was only like £5 for a 4 course meal for 2 people so its not the end of the world is it!

We also purchased a voucher from Groupon for Radhuni on London Road, I can say everything was amazing!

• 2 months later...
Would like to say that the guy did seem like a nice person and could do great things with the restaurant if he really went for it.

I agree. I went a few weeks ago and the food was reasonably good (not amazing, but certainly enjoyable). But....

....the waiter seemed like it was his first day on the job and was really struggling (since he was the *only* waiter in the whole place). All the food came out at different times so that you had to eat your main course before you even got the side dishes to go with it (else the main would go cold). It just all seemed a bit chaotic and amateurish. The manager came out at the end and we have a long chat with him - seemed a really nice guy. But I have to say I won't be going back because I felt the service was very sub-standard, and am put off by comments on here about the food being "hit or miss" with miss apparently equalling awful or worse giving people food poisoning?

Also they don't seem to stock 80% of the drinks on the menu! In the end we had to ask them to tell us what they had got, rather than continueing to go through the menu to be told "sorry we don't have that either"!

I agree. I went a few weeks ago and the food was reasonably good (not amazing, but certainly enjoyable). But....

....the waiter seemed like it was his first day on the job and was really struggling (since he was the *only* waiter in the whole place). All the food came out at different times so that you had to eat your main course before you even got the side dishes to go with it (else the main would go cold). It just all seemed a bit chaotic and amateurish. The manager came out at the end and we have a long chat with him - seemed a really nice guy. But I have to say I won't be going back because I felt the service was very sub-standard, and am put off by comments on here about the food being "hit or miss" with miss apparently equalling awful or worse giving people food poisoning?

Also they don't seem to stock 80% of the drinks on the menu! In the end we had to ask them to tell us what they had got, rather than continueing to go through the menu to be told "sorry we don't have that either"!

once went with a large group about 10 yrs ago and the experience was almost identical, never been back since. dont know if its the same owner still !

• 1 month later...

I went in there for an early bird special a few years ago and had a vegetable stew.

It looked like it had been boiling on the stove for a week, the only identifiable vegetable being courgette (I think) and tasted as if the lid had come off the salt pot.

Halfway through our 'meal' a regular customer came in and ordered from the expensive menu.

We were the only other people in the restaurant and from that point onwards, we were completely ignored, while the waiter grovelled and slimed all over them, to the point where it was becoming nauseating.

Possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been in

Archived