UK Mama - Restaurant/takeaway. Your opinions...

Miss_S_83

We went approximately 7 years ago. Even though we ordered different meals (with different meat), they were basically the same gloupy slop, tasted identical. As with many here, we really wanted to like it, but it was quite terrible. We were the only ones in the place and the waitress and (I assume) the owner just sat on the table next to us doing the books and basically making us feel uncomfortable. Suffice to say, we never went back. No atmosphere, poor food.

If you go in a big group don't be talked into the banquet menu...it's stodge + stodge. If you decide to give it a go, try the mutton curry, it's excellent.

BTW, I like the sign in the window..."Romantic African Drumming" :hihi::hihi::hihi:

We went there about 5 years ago and I have never had such slow service (2hrs+). From the sounds of it that hasn't improved.

No one wants to rush a meal out but there comes a point where everyone's getting annoyed because they're hungry. Maybe have a meal first before going?

I have been once for a friend's birthday and really enjoyed it. Yes it is a little surreal and the service can at times be slow but it is a truly delightful place and I enjoyed my meal a lot. It's great because it is so different to all the chain restaurants and fast buck profiteering restaurants that dominate the market nowadays. You get really friendly service and a free drumming lesson if you are lucky. A real one off :)

Archived